The Liebstahward (How you say Liebster Award in Maine)



I've been a little MIA on this ole blog....our house has been infested with strep, bronchitis, ear infections, teething, colds and allergies! I think we are on the way up...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks to Whitney for reading my blog (she's a loyal one) and nominating me for this award! 

Keep reading to find out a little more about me and see who I picked to go next!




Questions//

What is your favorite blog post you have written and why?
I love that I have been able to keep up with monthly posts about Cameron and Louise - they're so fun to look back on and remember the things I forgot! I also love their birth stories because #tearseverytime

What's your favorite item of clothing?
Yoga pants...duh! ;) 

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a nun!! I went to Catholic school and loved my nun teachers/principals so much that I wanted to be them. I used to pull my turtlenecks over my head, so it looked like I had on a habit. When I found out they didn't get married and have sex babies, I wanted to be a physical therapist. I did a week-long job shadow and it was so boring (because I couldn't do anything but watch) so I changed my mind again to just working in sports. I got my undergrad in Sport Management and Business and my Masters in Special Education, and here I am today!

What is your standard drink order at Starbucks?
Triple skinny grande caramel macchiato, unless I'm paying then a black blonde (I always feel weird saying that)!

What three things couldn't you live without?
Chapstick, bobby pins and Google calendar 
(I cannot stand dry lips, hair in my face or not know what I have on my calendar.)

What is your favorite color?
I love pink but I think Navy blue is my favorite, judging by my wardrobe and house!

Best or most memorable book you've ever read?
11 Seconds and Wednesday Letters are two of my favorites

Go to store if you have free time?
Target (if I'm near the mall) or Lots for Tots (our local children's second-hand store - if I'm in Falmouth)

What's your favorite season?
summer - it's so short in Maine, so I try to soak it up and never complain about the heat
I do love the start of the other seasons...looking forward to special things that happen (football, Thanksgiving, Christmas, snow, baseball, being outside), but I am always happy to see winter end!

Who is your best friend?
Chad, of course. He's who I tell everything to - big stuff, little stuff, personal stuff...



11 Random facts about me:
  • I am allergic to so many things: grass, pollen, dust, mold, cats, dogs, bananas, apples, and the list goes on...I'm not deathly allergic to anything, thankfully, but I sneeze a lot.
  • I've never had a pet (see above allergies). But, I never even had a goldfish or hamster....is that weird?
  • I don't like pumpkin-flavored stuff. I don't dislike it, but I don't get super excited about PSL or pumpkin flavored ice cream. (Well, that does sound good.) I do love pumpkin pie, though. And pumpkin beer. Or any kind of beer, really.
  •  I know more about baseball than Chad, and I love it. But he kills me in football knowledge, so we're even.
  • I've been married twice. Always trust your instinct. Thank goodness for second chances!
  • I worked at a convent when I was in high school. I answered phones and had to use an old-fashioned switchboard - each nun had her own bell ring!
  • I also used to sell hot dogs outside of Lowe's, in college. I made so much money!
  • If you give me any form of cheese and carbs, I'll eat it.
  • I hate parking. I usually have to back up and try again!
  • I'm an only child, which is why I had more than one child myself!
  • I used to HATE  my middle name (Louise). Now that Louise is Louise, I LOVE it!


Nominees //

Jessica from Secrets of a SAHM
Jax from According to Jax
Karra from Justus & the babes
Vanessa from Sunflower State of Mind
Laura from Tiny Toes, Little Nose
Ashley at Being Brickner
Elizabeth at Chasin Mason
Carrie at The Williamson Way
Amy at Keepin up with the Smiths



Questions //

What was your major in college? Where did you go?
What was your first car? 
What's the biggest lifetime goal you have? 
What's the #1 quality you want your kid(s) to have?
What size shoe do you wear?
Do you prefer the mountains or the ocean?
What's your favorite sport to watch?
If you could change one thing from the past 10 years, what would it be?
What's your favorite dinner to cook?
Wine, beer or cocktail?



Rules of the Liebster Award//
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Display the Liebster award logo on your blog.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Share 11 random facts about you.
Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers for the Liebster award.
Ask your nominees 11 new questions.



SHEW!! If you read all the way through, congrats! That took some time! I can't wait to see everyone's answers!!! 

Happy Hump Day!


10 comments:

  1. My middle name is Louise too! If I would have had a girl I would have passed it on to her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! :)
    You know, the only pet I ever had was a goldfish and let me tell you, you weren't missing out.
    I, too, love Target!
    I didn't know summer was so short in Maine. Is it because you are so far north? Well farther north than I am here in CA lol. I always thought everyone's seasons were the same! BUT I also thought that the sun set at the same time everywhere but I recently found out that that is not true also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're all feeling better! XOXO I loved reading your random facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also don't like pumpkin either! I love the fall but don't jump on the PSL bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned so much about you! I love it. Man girl you are allergic to a lot. Bummer. How did Louise get her name if you never like it before? I am not a pumpkin person either. The only pumpkin thing I get excited about is this pumpkin harvest beer I found last fall. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some of my favorites to read!!!
    My mother-in-law WAS a nun! She left the convent (obviously) before her final vows. And then she went off to marry a seaman - bahahaha. True story. I can't make this stuff up.
    I also love beer. And cheese. And bread. Maybe that's why the last 12 pounds of "baby weight" refuse to go anywhere... ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! Love the title of this post. So sorry you guys have the sickies. Hoping you all get to feeling well soon. Yoga pants for life. Ha. A nun? What an interesting story! Our summers are totally opposite of yours. It’s our longest season here. And when it climbs to 110+ degrees I am over it. Loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the nun/convent stuff had me laughing and fascinated!

    And YES about the hot dog stand! Jim's best friend operated one for a few years and made BANK. It was insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always know how to make me LOL!!! This has probably been the most entertaining Liebster Ive read! Hope you guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheese & carbs, carbs & cheese, those two things speak right to my heart {and hips}!

    My middle name is Lou, after my Grandma. Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete