The Blogging World



I have taken an unexpected hiatus on the old blog (minus my pre-scheduled post about myself) due to illnesses and school vacation. I don't get much done at home or on vacations, and blogging certainly takes a back seat. Let's be honest: I am lucky to shower and get everyone fed before 10:00am.

This break came at the perfect time, because a few of my blogging friends have had horrible things happen to them (people using their pictures as their own, calling their children their own and more creepy stuff including vulgar and disturbing comments), and I've since received about a half-dozen requests to view blogs that have gone private. I know that putting our entire families, life, children, pictures everything on the internet is our choice, but why are people so sick?? This is literally our family photo album and baby books, and I enjoy being able to connect with other women to swap ideas, recipes, fashion, home decor and just vent. I'm part of a few groups on FB and IG that literally get me through the day, sometimes, and they are the people with whom I have a natural connection with. With that being said, I have considered a few times going private to protect my children. I would hate to cut off the ability to meet more women, but nothing is more important than my family.


Moving on, here are a few random things on my mind:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a wedding on Memorial Day weekend. It's for one of my best friend's from high school, and the wedding is a mix between a typical formal wedding and a low-key hipster pizza party. Seriously...there's a formal cocktail hour then they're having boutique pizza delivered for the reception. I asked her what we should wear, and she said, "dress to the nines!" So, I hopped on Rent the Runway and found a super cute, yet simple dress. At first, I said no to a LBD, but when I saw this (and didn't see much else that I loved), I clicked on it. Low and behold, it's a Trina Turk, with whom I have a slight obsession...It is an evening wedding, so I totally think I can pull it off. AND I get $20 off, because it's my first order. $25 for this beauty! I wavered back and forth between a typical dress I would wear (preppy, navy, etc), but this one looks like it will be perfect (and it gets great reviews).





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We put out an ad on care.com to have someone pick up Cam a few days after school next year (although we've decided not to send him there...long story), and everyone who's applied says, "I'm home for the summer and would love to watch your kids!" or "I am available evenings and weekends!" The title says "starting Sept 2016" and specifically has afternoons checked off. This does not give me a lot of hope for future generations! Ha!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Everyone has such great Mother's Day lists, so I've been adding things to my cart daily...However, I cannot add a Corkcicle, because they're all sold out. Is this a sick joke? Is it April Fool's Day?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We are sending Cam to summer camp this summer (NOT overnight, like Chad thought!!), and I have a feeling that we need to start labeling things like, yesterday. I always get our labels from Label Daddy (great name, huh), and they are offering 25% off! Their labels are made in the USA (woohoo), they're super durable, peel-and-stick, washable, washer/dryer safe, microwave safe, dishwasher safe and UV resistant! Shew. Just enter code FUNFAM25 at checkout to get 25% off!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I got sent a full-size sample of Zest Fruitboost, and I am seriously in love. It's concentrated, so you only use a little, and it lasts a long time. The scent is delicious (even Chad commented on how good I smelled), and it has Vitamin-C in it! There's a coupon on their website, if you want to try it, too!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louise will be ELEVEN months tomorrow (!!), and we have decided to have a joint birthday party for the kids. Don't worry...we will definitely be celebrating on her actual birthday, with our family, but we are going to do one big party where everyone can come...and it's going to be a Fiesta! Who doesn't love Mexican food, maracas and piƱatas? I cannot wait to get the planning going!




That's all for now...I'll see you tomorrow with Louise's 11 Month Update!!



16 comments:

  1. This blogging stuff is cray! And yay for a fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to comment on--- I'm sad to see some bloggers go private & im thinking about what to do with my blog too. Thinking about printing it and deleting kid posts maybe? I really love reading & connecting with other girls. I'd hate to lose that connection, especially now that I'm trying to blog more this year. I love that dress. I need labels too! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously the blogging scary stores are insane! Love that black dress! The back is gorgeous. And yay for a fiesta! Such a fun theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw that all of the tumblers are sold out. So not fair. :( that black dress is awesome!! :) go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A taco party?!?! What an amazing idea! Can I come?! ;) And it's so sad that this is what blogging has come to. I feel so sad for the few bloggers who have been victims to this sick, sick person. Like you, I don't want to private my blog (I feel like that's the fun part of blogging!!) but it's a scary world out there and I feel like it's inevitable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frustrating about your care.com ad! And Finn's birthday IS Cinco de Mayo so we are having a fiesta for him on the day! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog stuff going on lately is nuts. I got a lovely little comment on one of my posts last week, so I switched to private as well. Sad that it's come to this. On a happier note, I love those tumblers and want one so bad! So bummed they're sold out! Louise's birthday party sounds amazing! I want a taco party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is stunning!

    Don't forget the margaritas. ;) I threw Luke a fiesta themed 30th birthday party this past October. It was so fun. And a taco bar is super simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that dress is perfect for the type of wedding you're describing! Love it - especially the back. And girl, I had just jumped on the Corksicle bandwagon - and now I can't get my hands on one either. So sad! Hopefully they will be restocked soon!!!

    It makes me so sad that blogland has been so violated lately. I hate that going private was the only option, but for me, there was no other choice. I literally could not sleep at night wondering if this was going on with other psychos out there who could potentially be reading my blog and just waiting for me to slip up and share some info that they needed to do even more damage. Couldn't handle it. Hoping that nothing like this ever happens to anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're doing a fiesta for Mabel's party too!! How fun. It's basically the best theme ever come to find out. Because. Margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For so many different reasons a little piece of me died when I made the switch to private. I'm going to miss so much that the public forum allowed. But my babies come first.

    Moving on. TACO PARTY! Oh my goodness, genius. So long as there is a margarita bar (make you own!) involved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so saddened by all the horrid stuff happening in our beloved blogging community! Makes me feel sick and angry and greatly confused. That Trina Turk dress is hot, that back just puts it over the edge. I want to go to Louise's Taco Party!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Mexican fiesta... Can I come??? That sounds like such a fun party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me so sad and sick about what is happening to all our friends. So, so terrible. There are some sick people in the world.
    LOVE that dress!!! And what a great deal!!
    THAT PARTY!!!! OMG. SO cute! I cannot wait to see the party details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of a Mexican fiesta. Great choice!! May have to do that one for my girls next year. And I love that LBD. So cute. Can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding!

    ReplyDelete