Cameron: 3.75



Bud, buddy, love, Cam, Cammy,

3.75...the last post I'll write before your turn FOUR! HOW have I been a mom for almost four years?

You are about 40 pounds and 43"...give or take.

YOU ARE FINALLY POTTY TRAINED! Everyone kept telling us that you would just decide one day, and by golly, you did! You started on a Sunday, had two accidents that day, maybe 1-2 more that week, and that's it. You're still wearing a diaper to bed but not for naps. As a reward, we took you to Chuck E Cheese, and you had the best day ever!

We also got you Buzz Lightyear (the thing we've been hanging over your head for two years and refused to get you for Christmas until you were potty trained) and you LOVE him.




We had a "very special day" together, as you called it - We went to your first dentist appointment, then to lunch for Mexican pizza (cheese quesadilla), to Target then to Get Air. It was the best date ever!


Since we went during the school day, there was nobody there!



You also had a special day with Daddy: haircuts, buying flowers for me and lunch at BWW!





You are such a sweet-natured kid.

  • LouLou dropped a pizza stone on her foot, and you went and covered her with a blanket, while she was icing her toe. 
  • You kiss Louise's boo-boos, if she falls. You bring me water from the mini fridge, when Daddy asks what I want to drink. 
  • You turn on Daddy's speaker, when he wants to have a dance party on Saturday mornings. 
  • You throw away Louise's diapers, when I change her downstairs. 
  • When we go to the store, you want to buy things for your friends because, "I think _____ would really like this." 
  • You rarely say no, when we ask you to do something, and it makes my heart melt every time (in addition to surprising the heck out of me, because you refuse to put away your toys, when we ask)! 



Some of our favorite things you say are:

"We have the same thought." or "We have different thoughts."

You love to say "sure is/does" - That sure is a lot of milk! He sure does like hot dogs!

"That's a good idea, right?" When he suggests something.

"You're actin, Mom." (He means you're joking!) When I say something he doesn't believe, he'll say, "You're actin!" KILLS ME!

"Holla-bout (How about) that idea, Mom?"

You have a hard time articulating certain sounds, so sometimes I can't tell if you're saying Jake or steak or snake. You heard the word "distance" during a book-on-tape (one of your new favorite things to do in the car), and I could not, for the life of me, figure out what you were saying until we rewound the story and they said it again. I thought you were saying dentist! But, now you know the meaning of distance, and I think you're a genius. ;)




You love to "go to your school" and come to work with me. It's usually during a first period study hall or after school, but you love it. I think you love running the halls and riding the elevator most! ;)






You really are such a happy kid. That dimple...I die. It's rare when you are grumpy - you're either tired or frustrated. One thing that makes you really frustrated is when someone thinks you did something that you didn't - hit someone, wake up Louise, etc...

I've experienced this twice. One time, at school, you kicked over someone's lego tower and everyone though you kicked HER. You ran around the room crying and SCREECHING. I had never heard it before and I haven't heard it since, but you were definitely so frustrated, and you weren't able to use your words to express this. Another time, you were yelling at the top of the stairs then I heard Louise cry. I said, "Bud, you just woke up Louise!" I didn't even say it in a mad tone, I was just saying it, and you got so upset that you started crying and whined, "I didn't wake her UP!" Wow. We are working on these situation because I don't ever want you to be so frustrated that you can't explain yourself, buddy!








We're in the process of having you screened for a Social/Emotional delay. Your teachers feel as though you're not progressing like you should be, and I think you're just young. You're the youngest in your class and I think you get overwhelmed/intimidated by the older kids. You're timid, by nature, so this environment is tricky for you. You did qualify for speech/language services, so we are waiting for the full eval to be completed.

We are looking into switching you into a different Pre-K program next year...one at our local public school that's FREE. We have to figure out logistics for after-school care, but if we can figure that out, you will be going! Otherwise, you'll have one more year at FES.

You got a big wheel for Easter, from LouLou and LOVE it. You love your scooter, basketball, whistle, bubble machine...basically anything that's OUTSIDE. It's been so cold, but the few days we've been able to get outside, we can't get you back in!






You love reading...every other Tuesday, your class goes to the library and you get to bring a book home. You usually pick a Star Wars book, which is not my favorite, but they are beginning readers books, so I trick you into practicing your letter recognition! Otherwise, you love Chris Van Dusen, Mo Willems and anything that Louise is reading/touching.

Speaking of Louise, you LOVE HER. You love her so much that she sometimes pushes you away because you're too close. I think it's combination of really loving her and wanting me to not forget that you're there. If she's sitting on my lap, guess who climbs right up? If I'm reading to her, guess who wants to be read to? You do think about her, though...you'll get stuff she drops/throws, you'll share your food with her and you'll play with her on the floor, for hours.







You've started having chores - raising the blinds in the morning and emptying your lunch box (and Louise's) after school. You also throw your clothes down the laundry shoot (because it's fun, but it helps me, too!) but hate to get yourself dressed. You also like to help with the dishes so you can play in the water... #whateverworks



I have a small obsession with buying you underwear and summer clothes. You prefer boxer briefs over little boy underwear, and I die! You've also started wearing more athletic stuff (instead of all GAP and ON items), and I have flashes of you as a 17 year old football/basketball/baseball star with beautiful blond hair, your dimple and those eyes! (I'm a little biased, but I am sure you will be the most handsome boy at your school!)


You are, all around, a great kid. You have a hard time focusing (put on your shoes, Cam. Cameron, shoes, please. Cam, shoes. CAM! SHOES! - This happens daily.), but you rarely disobey on purpose. I hope you grow up to be a kind, thoughtful person who always puts others first. So far, we're about 60% of the way there! ;)





2014 vs 2016

making pizza with Daddy


I love you so much (something you've started saying to me when you don't want me to put you to bed - "But I just love you so much, I don't want you to go!") and I literally can't imagine my life without you. You are the best hugger, secret whisperer and hand holder I've ever met. I hope you never lose your urge to cuddle and still kiss me goodbye (30 times) when I drop you off to college. 

Now it's time to start planning birthday party #4!




10 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Cam! Yay for potty training!! My Cam finally got it too. He's so big and such a sweet little guy. Can't believe he will be 4 soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five for being potty trained! Such an accomplishment! Such a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, he is just a doll! And looks so much like you! Its super common for young children to get upset when they feel misunderstood/ cant articulate feelings (I mean, how many adults do you know that do the same thing, right?!) I wouldnt worry too much about it just yet though its good to have options. Kinsey wears boy short undies and its the cutest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love how kind he is. That's the most important thing for me with raising Noah... I want him to be kind. And I hope everything gets sorted out at school and the evaluations. Can definitely be stressful but things have a way of working themselves out. And oh man, Noah is almost 3.5 but he's started to say he's almost 4, and I'm like slow down buddy. 4 just seems so old to me... It's going way too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great, in depth post! I have totally slacked on Carter updates and I need to get better. These are the posts we'll look back on one day and love reading! They are learning and changing so much and so fast it's hard to remember everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is the sweetest little boy. I love his bond with Louise, and that he enjoys being outside so much. The focus seems like a typical boy. We have the same things with Marcus (shoes, dude, put. Your. Shoes. On.). And woohoo for potty training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolute sweetheart! It sounds like Cam is probably fine, but early intervention is so important so kudos to you for being on top of things and at least having him evaluated. And "you actin'"... Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For real...what a sweet, sweet little man!!! And "holla-bout" we just pretend our kids really aren't almost FOUR!!! What in the world?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Four already?!? He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my lands, I just love this post so much. He is such a sweet, handsome, sensitive, funny and smart kid! I just love that big smile and his big heart. I love that he's such a good helper and loves his little sister! I'm sure he's fine too, but good to have the evaluation just for peace of mind. Mac has so many of these same issues - focusing, overly emotional, sometimes can't get his words out quick enough and loses his mind. I think this is just being three. ;)

    ReplyDelete