23 Girls walk into a Box Truck

Nope...this isn't the start of a joke, it's how I spent my weekend! 

Sort of...

Lauren and I have been friends since middle school, and she's getting married in May, so we clearly had a big celebration for her this past weekend. 




It started with a bridal shower and a fun little "Newlyweds" type game  - Justin had been videotaped with answers to questions that were later asked to Lauren - that had us all in tears. Even Tammy shed a few...

See Tammy? She forgot her arms and legs, but she was the best guest...she didn't make a peep!


We went home to change then met back up for a little private concert by Jason Spooner Band, some dancing, some dinner (and more drinks) then came the good interesting part. I would bore with all of the details of the first five hours of the bachelorette, but I know you are just dying to hear about being in a box truck....right?







So, we leave dinner and the bride has a surprise for US! Yes, she planned something during her bachelorette party. We walk towards Monument Square, which is where they do small concerts, protests, speeches, farmers' market, etc...just an outdoor space in Portland. She let us know that "it wasn't ready yet" so we went and got a quick drink (yes...we drank a TON). She finally got all 23 girls back together from various bars (because which bar can accommodate 23 girls at the same time?) and walked us towards....a 25' Budget moving truck. 



We walk inside, and there are rows of chairs for us to sit and listen to comedy for an hour. Sounds fun! However, it was THE WORST COMEDY EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.

For real...we were inside of a moving truck!

Do you know how awkward it is to be in a box truck, with just your friends, six "comedians," (no alcohol), and complete silence? FOR AN HOUR. It was torture. I actually laughed a lot because we were making comments to each other and it was THAT AWKWARD, but we were definitely not laughing with the comedians. 

When the "host" said, "only two more comedians left," I almost left, but I decided it more fun to be with my friends, in a box truck, because...#whynot?

I totally added "Listening to bad comedy, in a box truck, with 22 other girls" to my Bucket List, just so I could cross it off.

It was SUCH a fun day/night and it goes to show you that it doesn't matter where you are, but who you're with that matters. Although, for future reference, I'd rather be anywhere but in a box truck (with no alcohol) with my girlfriends!

Oh, and I totally learned how to Bitmoji. Do you Bitmoji? If not, you totally should! It brings texting to a whole new level.


The rest of the weekend was full of family time because I totally missed my husband and kids on Saturday!! Chad was a rockstar and was home with Louise all day, including putting her to bed! Cam got to hang out with my Godmother, Pam and my dad, for the day, so he was in hog-heaven.

Oh, we did get Cam stocked up for T-ball - new bat, glove, balls and helmet - and practiced a little on Sunday night! :)





Monday rolled around, and I started feeling cruddy. Tuesday morning, I woke up with white spots all over my throat, called in sick and went to Urgent Care. A prescription and two days of rest later, I feel much better, although I've passed it on to poor Louise. 

How I spent Tuesday...eating all the soft stuff in front of a fire!

I love everything about this picture: the bent leg, the straight leg, her hand on my collar. Louise used to put her hand in my shirt, when she was a newborn, and when she did it again, it almost made me want another baby. Almost. 



That's what we've been up to and why I haven't posted four times, like I did last week. Welcome back, old Jess!! :)







11 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! The moving truck, comedians, everything about that made me laugh out loud. At least you were with your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I can't handle awkward situations. I would have left in a flash. I hate feeling uncomfortable. Way to be a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious. At least you guys had fun regardless. So true - it's who you're with that matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awkward situations make me so uncomfortable. But other than the box truck and comedians it sounds like an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Welcome back old Jess. That's funny :) That's going to be me this week and next week! Maybe 3 posts if I'm lucky? Or maybe 4 this week if I'm super lucky. Gotta shoot for the stars! LOL.
    But for real, your bachelorette party sounds fun! I love that the bride had a surprise for you guys... even if it did suck lol. At least you had a lot to drink before hand and were with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why a box truck?! It totally sounds like a punchline to a joke! Brielana sticks her hand in my shirt too, its starting to become obscene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to party with you. Your night sounds freaking amazing - maybe minus the box truck.
    And tell me more about this bitmoji you speak of...

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://autobinarysignalssoftwarereviews.com/copy-buffett-software-review/

    When a person is sponsored and not place in the Power Leg but instead gets stuck in a Pay Leg that is not growing. This happens because your sponsor is not a strong producer who can help build that weaker leg to help create momentum and eventually turn it into another growing Power Leg.

    http://centumentltdreview.com/jackpots-strategy-review/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Not many can say they’ve ever had a bachelorette party in a box truck! That’s hilarious. Bitmoji? Gonna have to google that one. Yay for T-ball. So much fun! I hope you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahaha ha that is hilarious! I love "Tammy" who forgot her arms. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zyntix is a natural male supplement that has been primarily developed to enhance the size of a man’s erection, but also focuses on several other aspects and function. The product claims that the size of major factors that affects his self-confidence. They claim that, by introducing ingredients to the man’s body that will help his gain extra size during an erection, the man is able to experience higher levels of self-confidence and provide more pleasure to a partner he is active with. The manufacturer of also claims that their formula will help to enhance the firmness of a man’s erection, restore normal levels of testosterone to his body, improve his fertility and elevate his libido to make sure the man is always in the mood for for more information please visit http://www.newfitnessbooster.com/zyntix/

    ReplyDelete