Our Wild Weekend: Oysters, Wine and Debates


This past weekend was fairly busy (and flew by in a flash). 

We had a naming ceremony for Brooklyn on Friday night, so we used the fact that we had a babysitter to enjoy two mini dates, in one night!

First, we grabbed oysters and some steamed bun sandwiches (fried chicken and pastrami) and some wine at Eventide. Their sandwiches are so freaking good...they're tiny (like 5"), but their flavor is to-die-for. I could eat them for every meal. 

 (NOT MY PICTURES - FROM GOOGLE)


Next, we headed to Brooklyn's Naming Ceremony at the Maine Jewish Museum. They just finished some renovations, and it's beautiful in there! My best friend, Elizabeth, is Brooklyn's mom and obviously Jewish, so I got to celebrate quite a few Jewish holidays, growing up. It was kind of nice to be back in a synagogue and hearing some of the prayers I am familiar with!


After the ceremony, Lauren, Sarah and I (and our significant others) went to Tomaso's for beer and wings. Seriously, my favorite kind of date. It's a new bar, owned by one of our high school friends, so it was fun to be there and supporting her. Chad and I decided that this would be our new joint. The burgers are amazing, and they serve Miller Lite cans for $2.50.

There are about 13 seats at the bar and about 14 table seats, so it's always packed!

(Clearly not my picture!)


These two are getting married in 2.5 months, and we got to spend a little time with them on Friday, before, during and after, Brooklyn's naming ceremony.



Saturday, we had no plans, so we texted our friends, Liz and Jay, in Portsmouth. We drove down, had lunch and two bottles of wine (oops), let the kids play for three hours, then drove back home for Chinese take out with my dad!


I texted Liz on the way down...







Cam and Louise played and played and played (and chewed) for hours. They were both so well behaved and happy to have new toys! I think I am going to put away 1/2 of their toys so they can be "new" in the fall. I've never seen them so content!


Sunday, we stayed home and did laundry. Chad ran some errands. Nobody napped. Uncle Donnie and Stacey came over for dinner, then we drank wine and beer and watched the Democratic Debate. Exciting stuff!


I am finally getting into the St Patrick's/Easter mood and have a billion things pinned and saved to share later this week! I love a good excuse to shop! ;)

Happy Monday!


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! And how cute that those two get excited to see each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! 2 dates in one day... Winning!!! Happy Monday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Louise cheesin killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I love the pictures of the kids playing. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fancy food and adult beverages all weekend sounds like a fabulous time!!! Do I sound jealous? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any weekend with good food, a mini date and sweet baby kisses is a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mini sandwiches look so good. I love mini dates. Such a sweet little relationship between yours and your friends children. Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want weekends like yours. You always seem to be doing such fun stuff! We are in desperate need of a date - mini dates sound heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! And seriously, Cam is SO handsome these days! And so grown up! And Louise is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for date night! I call that a successful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you all had a rocking weekend. I will be hosting a huge party on my dad’s birthday. I want to book one of best garden event venues for the party. Hoping that the venue I am thinking will be available for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete