FIve on Friday: Hits and Misses



Happy Friday!! I am hoping that today's ICE storm (Isn't it spring?) is the last of the season, so we can officially welcome spring this weekend!

Here are a few of my recent hits and misses (mostly purchases, obviously!)


HIT //
Sara's post about Geocatching has me itching to go...has anyone else done it? I think Cam would love "winning" by finding the items. (Everything's a competition to him!) Her detailed explanation makes it seem so easy, and she even told me that they stop while driving sometimes, if there's a "catch" nearby! So fun!





MISS //
Kristen Cavalarri's new book is the first book I have bought in YEARS. I always borrow them from friends or take them out from the library (that is, when I actually take the time to read). But this one, I thought, would look great next to my favorite book of womenly advice, The EveryGirl's Guide to Life (GO BUY IT), so I grabbed it. 

Then I returned it because she basically bashes moms who use store-bought formula (and doesn't make their own, if not breastfeeding), gives make-up advice on how to apply fake lashes, one-by-one and shows her shoe closet perfectly organized with Louboutains. Clearly, I can't relate. 






HIT and MISS //
So, Target's having BOGO 50% off Merona pieces, so I grabbed two dresses: one for our dinner date tonight and one for Easter. Let's just say I'm all set for Easter, but I'll be throwing on an old outfit for tonight.


I knew when I bought this dress, that I would be returning it. You have to be 5'11" and 120 lbs to look good in it. Otherwise, you look like a mid-30s mom who can't lose the baby weight.


I have to be honest, when I bought this dress, I thought it would be going back, too, but I actually like it. However, it's totally in my comfort zone, and I look like a mid-30s mom/teacher, but that's ok. I think that means I'll get more use out of it!





TOTAL HITS //

I snuck up to the JCrew Factory Store yesterday, since they have 50% off most stuff and grabbed a few "handsome" pieces for Cam - that's what he calls his dress up clothes!

I grabbed these shoes and this belt for Easter and about died when he tried them on last night!





I hope you all have a great weekend! We have a triple date tonight (whoop whoop) and some Easter fun this weekend!! I can't wait to give Cam his Easter basket and see them both in their outfits!















8 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Easter.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah my sister bought her new book and returned it too. I saw online the other day she "makes her own formula" and the world was telling her she is nuts. I have always thought she was someone who tries to monopolize off of others using her reality show fame and the book goes to show its true!

    Those shoes and belt are so stinking' cute!

    Stopping over from the linkup. Hope you can come by my blog too. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but bad things about that book. How did it even get published? I really like that pink dress you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I buy a book and it's not what I thought. I haven't heard anything about the book yet, but she seriously makes her own formula? Wtf? Why not just breastfeed then? Confused! Love your J Crew purchases. Can't wait to see Cam in them. Have a great weekend and a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I'm going geocaching next week with the kids! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually love both of those dresses...but I don't ever think I'm hip enough to pull something like that off. Geocaching is fun! It's super popular here in STL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Sara totally made me want to try geocaching too! I think Noah would love it too! And I totally got turned off Kristin with her formula comment. I was never a huge fan (of Laguna beach or her) but that just left a bad taste in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try geocaching SO bad!! We're just looking for a weekend where there aren't a zillion things, so we can get out and do it!! It sounds so fun, and I think Marcus would LOVE hunting for little "prizes."
    So, that book. No thanks. Mom bashing from a "celeb"? Total pass.
    "Handsome" pieces. Oh my gosh, Cam is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete