Easter 2016




Easter is the only holiday where we have to work the next day.....I think that needs to change! I remember having Easter Monday off, as a kid. What happened to that?


We started off with goodie baskets for Cam and Louise's teachers. We just put some stuff in there to help them through the day - chapstick, hand lotion, Crystal Light, mints and candy. I would have thrown some liquor in there, if I wouldn't have gotten in trouble!




Friday night, Chad and I went on a triple date, which was MUCH needed and obviously long overdue since I was USELESS on Saturday. I didn't feel bad, but I was SO TIRED. I cannot hang like I used to! Chad made some meatballs for dinner on Saturday, and we were both fast asleep by 9. #lame

Sunday morning, Cam woke up searching for his Easter basket. He was so excited to see that he got the "bubble bachine" he's been wanting! He also loved his Goggles, although he's a little skeptical since he can't breathe out of his nose! 




Poor Louise didn't get a basket, but she obviously didn't care since Cam shared his bunny ears with her!







We went to church with my Dad, and they had a ton of stuff for kids: a bounce house, horses, cookie making and a piƱata. Cam was not too keen on us leaving him, so Chad stayed while he rode the horse, then we got a text during cookie making that Cam was ready to come back. He actually did fairly well, in the service, but I am hoping that he stays int he preschool during future trips. 

Louise did a fairly good job, too, but I am hoping to stick in her in the baby room next time! There was just SO MUCH going on this time that I didn't even attempt to try that!





After church, we drove to Kittery for lunch at Robert's. This is the best family picture we got:




We got some oysters, brussel sprouts, haddock and steak. Louise loved the fries, of course, and Cam chowed on some mac & cheese with ketchup. A few glasses of wine may have been consumed, too, since Cam decided to be a little sh*t...he didn't even have that much sugar, but he was WOUND UP.




Thankfully, both kids fell asleep on the way home, and when they woke up, they had some new toys from LouLou!





It was such a great weekend, and we think that spring is finally here to stay. 

Oh yeah, Louise turned TEN months on Sunday! Time to get that party planning in motion!



14 comments:

  1. Cam on the horse is awesome!! Talk about a happy boy! You guys had such a great weekend. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when kids are pains in the butt at restaurants. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bubble machine looks like fun! Glad you guys had a good Easter. I totally agree it should come with a day off though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I grew up with Easter Monday off too!!! What happened to that?! Looks like you all had such a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute teacher baskets! I bet they loved them. And I am sure that bubble blower will provide hours of entertainment!! How neat that the church had all of those activities to do. He looks so happy on the horse! Looks like y’all had a great Easter weekend. Adorable photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mabel loves dem french fries too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girls love french fries as well. Cute Easter baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are SO SWEET to get Cam and Louise's teachers Easter presents! I didn't even think of that, but that's a great idea! Come to think of it... I think teacher appreciation is coming soon, I should get to thinking about that. Mason has SO many teachers though between school and therapies and stuff, I should probably start saving now LOL.
    Sounds like you guys had a great Easter weekend though!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The teacher gifts in the berry baskets are darling! Im cracking up, youre always telling it like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES to needing Monday off! We don't get any time off for Easter and I've never understood it. I mean, I know it's a religious holiday, but so is Christmas and we get two weeks for that. No time off makes it really hard to travel to be with family on Easter. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your dad's church sounds like fun!!! What a wonderful Easter weekend... I especially love Louise in her bunny ears :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet that you gave the teachers little Easter baskets!!
    Your dad's church sounds like it was AWESOME!! I wish our church had more stuff like that for kids. Catholics. Yawn. And Cam on that horse - the cutest! And both kiddos Easter outfits? The best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great holiday weekend. I love the photo of Cam on the horse! I've never thought about taking Mac riding, but I bet he'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you had a great weekend!
    And how sweet are you to think of the teachers?!?

    ReplyDelete