Friday





Happy Friday! This may be our last weekend with no plans for awhile...we are entering "life" again, since it's getting a little warmer, and the winter is withering away (hopefully). I think I just added about a dozen events - showers, bachelorettes, birthday parties, etc - into our calendar. Sorry, babe!



ONE // PARENTING
I've been struggling with Cam lately, feeling like I am constantly correcting him - don't do that, quieter, be more gentle, don't feed your sister bbq chips, etc...This article is so DUH, but it's amazingly effective. Whenever I am correcting him, I'm across the room doing dishes or answering emails or something not with HIM. I know that I can't be with him 24/7, but if I am just closer, it will cut down on my yelling.





TWO // SHOPPING
I love Amazon. My mail lady must think we are billionaires because of the constant delivery of Amazon Prime boxes. (We're not. Not even close.) But I had no idea about some of these tips.





THREE // FOOD
I have lost four pounds just from eating healthier...I haven't even been working out. I do so well at work, but at home, I struggle. These instant oatmeal jars are totally my jam. They're easy, they're healthy, and they help keep me full. #winning






FOUR // TEACHING
This article reminded me why I teach. There are so many ups and downs and more failures than successes, it feels like sometimes. I was emailing with a parent this week, and it kept coming to my mind how much more I care about my students as PEOPLE than as STUDENTS. Obviously, I want them to learn and succeed, but if they don't have the feeling of love and support, they'll never succeed.





FIVE // QUOTE
This is me today. So tired, so burnt out, but a little Missy Elliot on the way to school helped perk me up a bit!



Have a great weekend! Here's to wine at gymnastics, 50% off at GAP outlets and some warm temps on Sunday. 








10 comments:

  1. Those oatmeal cups look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way with my Cam some days. I've realized (duh) that the calmer I am and when I discipline when I'm at his level and looking at him he does so much better and handles it better. DUh, right!? :) You've got this momma. Those oatmeal jars look amazing. I may need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy who delivers our Amazon actually checked on us because he hadn't stopped by for a few weeks. How sad is that? I told him not to worry that he would be seeing us later in the week. Amazon prime is my homie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post full of lots of fun tips! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the post on not yelling - such great advice. I definitely need to do this myself. We've been experiencing more tantrums around here and that usually equals yelling.

    I've been an Amazon Prime member for years and I am an obsessive Amazon shopper. I had NO idea they offered refunds if an item drops in price within 7 days of purchase! This is life changing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on yelling less and losing 4 pounds. You're my new idol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 4 lbs! Oatmeal is my jam. My mail lady must think I'm crazy because I watch her hit he other houses before she gets to mine so I can go get it without the dogs barking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As if I needed any more reason to spend money through Amazon... Totally checking out those tips.
    Whoop whoop on the lbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wine at gymnastics! Yes!
    Also, I might LOVE Amazon as well so I'm off to check out those tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh don't mind me, I'll just be rummaging around my house searching for things I can sell on Amazon now!! ;) ;) Good for you on the healthy eating! The instant oatmeal looks delish!

    ReplyDelete