Friday Favorites




PSA: GAP is having 40% off when you buy 5 items, and their sale is so good it's easy to find 5 things! GO SHOP!


Happy Friday! We are embarking on nine days of stay-home-days, as Cameron calls them. Hello, February vacation! (For all of you who don't live in Maine, we get TWO spring breaks...holler!)



ONE // RECIPE
I made this Buffalo Chicken Dip for the Super Bowl party we went to, and it was a hit, of course. We've had a few people bring it to our parties, and it's always gone immediately, so I knew that I wouldn't be the only one scarfing down Fritos full of dip. We served it with celery, carrots, Fritos and nachos...don't judge us if we serve this at every. single. party we have. 
PS There's NOTHING healthy about this, except the chicken, and I don't even care!






TWO // PARENTING

Ok, seriously guys, the comments and support keep coming, and I am so thankful for this little community. You make me feel more sane. :) 

One of the things we are working on with Cam is his letters...If I tell him to find a D, he can. If I ask him what letter the D is, he can't say. We are also working on his confidence so he will try writing more letters than just a C. (These are two areas of concern by his teachers, too.)

I found these cute little printables that I am hoping will trick him into working on his letters and writing. They also have Easter ones!





THREE // MAKE-UP

I have SUPER dry skin in the winter, so in addition to my special face wash and lotion, I have to be careful about my make up choices. I did a little review, and after crossing off the $100 options, I ended up grabbing this at Walmart. And I love it, so far. I am STILL on the search for a primer. The one from this same line ended up not being so great.  





FOUR // WEBSITE

I am not sure why I've never come across this site before, but Mel pretty much makes menu planning simple. AND they're meals for families, so they're kid friendly but not boring. She also has a section for 30-minute meals and plan-ahead meals. Easy-peasy.






FIVE // QUOTE







It's supposed to be SO COLD this weekend, so here's to hoping that we survive having to stay inside for 48 hours! 







17 comments:

  1. Those printables are so cute! Thanks for sharing and stay warm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get TWO spring breaks? That's awesome! Enjoy your time with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest daughter is SO ready for February break!! And the temps this weekend, I'm soooo not looking forward to them. When I left for work this morning it was 1 degree out. I keep hoping we will get an early spring here in Maine!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My niece and nephew get next week off, but we just get Monday and Tuesday off. Though I'm really not complaining ;). And I'm totally not looking forward to how cold it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE that buffalo chicken dip! I'm thinking it will be a good one for the bday party too. :) Hope you all have a fun 9 days off together and you can get out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love buffalo chicken dip! It's so yummy and simple. The printables you found are so great! I'm sure Cam has a blast with them. He's got this! Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEED to check out that food website! I could always use some new foods to spruce up our dinner routine. Hubby says I make too much of the same stuff, so new recipes would be fab! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Gap PSA. I need to get the girls some shorts for Mexico and I don't want to spend a fortune on them (since they grow out of stuff fast and we are going before Summer). I need to check out that food website. I love to cook, have home cooked meals, I just have a hard time planning. Those printables are so cute. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay warm! I struggle with meal planning, so I am going to have to check out that site. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a confession....we don't even bother serving the dip with vegetables anymore....everyone just eats the chips! I'll have to check out the foundation. My skin is super dry, too. I just tried Neutrogena primer. Still on the hunt. MAC has been my favorite so far. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TWO spring breaks??? SO jealous! Enjoy mama!!! And hope you have lots of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And now I need to go shopping (but I really don't - but I'm going to anyway).
    Just a suggestion - Priddy books makes these amazing marker board books and flash cards that have trace-able numbers and letters. We have them, and Marcus thinks it is the coolest that he can write in the books and on the flash cards. Maybe Cam would find that fun/cool, too? If you're interested, the ABC flash cards:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-Clean-Activity-Flash-Numbers/dp/0312498179
    And one of their trace and wipe books:
    http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-Clean-Letters-Learning-Books/dp/0312492510/ref=pd_sim_14_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=61gJ42mLcoL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0BYWRKF663PG4B7Y15WQ
    Cam will get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love buffalo chicken dip at our house! It's a staple. ;) two spring breaks? Lucky! Why do they choose February? Is it because of weather? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really surprised Cam's teachers are so worried about his letters. I consider Liam to be a very smart boy and he definitely cannot identify all the letters. In fact mostly just the ones in his name and those are the ones that he writes too. They are still so young!!! We rarely "work" on it at home unless it naturally comes up. Don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that CoverGirl+Olay foundation. I've been using it for quite a while and it's actually helped even out my skin tone too! Have you tried Laura Geller's Spackle primer? I've tried several and this one is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've made Buffalo Chicken Dip a few times. Super yummy! Thanks for the link to the printables.

    ReplyDelete