Louise James: Eight Months





Height: 28"
Weight: 18lbs
Clothes: 6 - 12 months
Shoes: size 1 - still rockin the FP Mocs
Diapers: Size 3...just bought a box of size 4; size 6 at night!


SLEEP: Dare I say that you're sleeping through the night? After a few rounds of CIO - first to get you in your crib from the rock and play then to get you to go back to sleep when you wake in the middle of the night - we finally have a solid night of sleep from 7 - 5, you eat, then go back down until 630/7. I miss our mid-night feedings, so I always sneak up and watch you, whenever I am awake. (Hence the overflow of sleeping pictures below!)

Naps are about 20 - 30 minutes at day care and can be that short at home, or they can last for two hours. We never know! Your naps are around 9, 1 and 5....there's always a 5:00 nap on school days, but if you nap well at home, we can sometimes skip it.

In my arms, while you were sick. I did NOT mind holding you all day!

One of your 20-minute naps at school...You are happy-as-a-clam with no sleep, though!

Your "I'm tired" sign...blanket over the face

"Hello, Mom!! Put me down for a nap instead of snapping pictures of my exhausted!"

We put you on your back, and you usually end up on your stomach. You did NOT like this at first, because you can't roll onto your back, but we let you be, and you're fine with it now!

When you do sleep on your side, your ankles are crossed, and I am obsessed. 





EAT: You are still taking 7-8 ounces at 5:30, 9:00, 1:00, 5:00 and 7:00. Between bottles, you snack on wagon wheels, teething biscuits, waffles, sweet potatoes, apples, prunes, bananas or yogurt. I am totally that mom that will feed you less messy foods, when I want you to continue wearing your outfit. If it's before bath, we pull out the messy stuff, and you love it!


Oh, you love to eat tables, too, now that you're sitting in high chairs!



PLAY: You still love your jumper and just got a walker, from a friend, so you love either cruising backwards, on your own, or letting Cam push you around the kitchen. EVERYTHING goes in your mouth, obviously, and you dig anything that lights up or makes noise. We can still pile you with toys, and you will sit there for a good hour.

How we get to cook or eat together, watch football or get laundry done!



DEVELOPMENTS: Nothing major, but I think your top teeth are coming in...they are super swollen, and you are super grumpy, which is totally out-of-character for you! You are riding in carts and sitting in high chairs, which is the best thing ever! You are sleeping on your belly, but you can't roll back over, so you just stay that way. You are almost crawling. I am NOT pushing it, but it's pretty cute to watch you rock back and forth! Oh, and you have learned how to play a mad game of hide-and-go-seek with LouLou! She puts your lovey over your face, and you give it back to her, like a dog! You guys do this forever!





EXPERIENCES
It was a slow month after a crazy December, but you celebrated your first New Years Eve, had some quality time with LouLou while we took Cam on some one-on-one dates, watched the Patriots, went to your first basketball game (and made the news), played in the snow for the first time and are celebrating LouLou's birthday today!




First basketball game cheering on one of my students





Unkie snapped these pictures below on Christmas day, and I think they just capture your beautiful features. You are BEAUTIFUL, little girl, and I hope you never forget that. I can already tell that you're going to have a huge heart and have a million friends. I can't believe I get to watch you turn into a young lady...I am the luckiest mom in the world. I love you, Weezy.



Those big blue eyes get me every time!

And the way you wrinkle your nose...I die!



Weezy, Love, Pumpkin, Weez, Lou...
You are the MOST amazing little girl. Your eyes and smile literally light up a room and make strangers stop in their tracks to smile back. You ADORE your brother, and he is the only one who can make you stop fussing sometimes! As soon as he hears you start to whimper, he runs over and plays with you, makes funny faces or sounds or just acts goofy...it works every time! I hope he always protects you.


MY GIRL <3



Every little thing you do - crossing your ankles, holding your lovey up to your nose when you're tired, reaching for my nose when I'm close....they all make my heart skip a beat. It's amazing how much I love you. You are rarely upset - when you're tired or hungry - and you always wake up happy. I LOVE walking upstairs to get you, because I know you will on your belly, pushing up with your hands, smiling. 






9 comments:

  1. Is it weird I love her? And wish she and Julia could meet? I think they'd get along just swimmingly, they seem to be so similar (is that possible at 6 and 8 months)?
    Those little crossed ankles, the cutest. Those big blue eyes. Love.
    Happy 8 Months little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie!!! And looks just like you! Both my girls have pink satin trimmed blankets, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eight months?! and she's still the cutest littlest sweetest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the sleeping pictures! And I avoid messy foods at times too, because clean up with two kids is just harder & more time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie pie!! She is so sweet and those napping pictures just kill me. Love the ankles crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete