Friday Favorites



HAPPY FRIDAY! 
Clearly, I have been MIA for awhile due to illnesses, a minor surgery (more on that later) and work, but like Erin says, apparently I only blog on Fridays. :)

Here are a few of my recent favorites....


ONE // ORGANIZATION

If you don't follow Emily on IG, you may have missed out on her daily tips to make your life easier. I have loved every single one of them, but this one is something I put into action immediately. We all know that a Sunday well spent brings a week of content, right? But we all have different things that make our lives easier. For me, it's laundry and groceries...if those two things can be organized, each day will start off just a little easier.






TWO // COCKTAILS

I know it's only January, but doesn't this cocktail look delicious for the summer? I am not a sugary-cocktail girl, so this looks perfect!





Speaking of cocktails, I never shared anything about our Christmas Eve Eve party, but I did whip up this punch, and it was gone before anything else. (Not to self: quadruple the recipe next year!)



The recipe says to use a bundt pan and put 1/3 champagne and 2/3 POM juice to create an ice ring, to keep the punch cold all night. We don't have a bundt pan, so I just filled a few cupcake tins with this mixture, and it worked perfectly!






THREE // MAKE UP

I mentioned, back in December, that I invested in some good make up. Now that I've been using them for over a month, I have a better feel of what's worth the splurge and what will never end up in my basket again.

Nars Tinted Moisturizer - EH
I  will probably not buy it again, especially because it's too dry to wear as JUST a moisturizer.
I put it over my moisturizer AND BB cream, to get the coverage I need.

Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener - EH again
It goes on smoothly and helps moisturize and brighten, but it doesn't stay all day.
I still look so tired by lunch, so I maybe I need a primer under it? I may buy it again.

Sephora Eye Shadow Pencil - NO
Way too glittery, and I cannot figure out how to get more out of the pencil.
It doesn't sharpen, but there's no way they charge almost $20 for less than a month's worth of eye shadow. I love the concept of swiping one product over my eyes, but I will be looking for something new.

Too Faced Bulletproof Brows - YES
I've always known that my eyebrows needed some help, but I never knew what to buy. This product is pricey, but I have barely put a dent in it, after a month of use, so I think it's a good value.

Tarte Best in Faux Lash Extending Fibers - YES
LOVE THIS! I was spending $35 on Younique, so spending less than $20 on a better product is a total win in my book! I will definitely be buying more, when mine runs out.




FOUR // PAJAMAS

I am really trying not to go all out for the holidays, but it's so hard! I was going to pass on Valentine pajamas for the kids until we got a notice about a Valentine pajama party at school. I mean, I can't let them go to school unprepared!

Thanks to GAP, I snagged a cute pair for Louise and an OK pair for Cam...slim pickins!






FIVE // HEALTH

I am officially starting my goal of getting back into shape. I hate how my clothes fit and how my body feels. I am an avid drinker of Shakeology, for breakfast, and just ordered the 3-day refresh...I've done this twice before and gotten amazing results. I lose a few pounds, but it really gets my mind on track to change my diet. 





I hope you all have a great weekend! We have minimal plans, which sounds perfect to me. I think our entire family needs a laid back weekend to get healthy and spend some quality time together, since we've all been isolated, at one point or another!







11 comments:

  1. Cute pjs! We got a pair of valentines pjs too! And I've been loving Emily's daily tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved Emily's posts too! I need to be better about implementing them. Such cute pajamas!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that recipe for Moscato Lemonade! Perfect for the Bridal Shower I'm hosting in April! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. That summer cocktail sounds amazing; I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you had my at moscato. Must make this ASAP!

    Oh, and Gap Jammies are always winning in my book! We already have our valentine's ones on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pJs and that drink looks amazing! Now I'm craving summer... and it's SO far away here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That eye shadow thing looks like it would fit in the fat part of a double sharpener. Did you try that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, your punch looks amazing. Like, I kind of want to swim laps in it. Have you ever had summer brew? One can frozen lemon lime concentrate, fill the empty limeade can up with vodka, add to concentrate, add 4 beers, stir. Um, it's delicious, and compliments any beach or pool. :)

    Also. Those jammies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Centument

    Binary Options or also known as Digital Options in trading are generally a fairly easy method to trade price variances in several world-wide markets, nevertheless a trader must understand the potential risks and furthermore rewards of such generally misinterpreted instruments. Binary options in trading are wide and varied as compared to conventional options. If perhaps traded, you will discover these types of options have got unique payouts, charges and potential risks, not forgetting a completely diverse liquidity structure along with investment approach.

    http://autobinarysignalssoftwarereviews.com/centument-review/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried Ipsy? At $10 a month, I've really discovered the goods and the not-so-goods of makeup. All I really buy every month is foundation and powder and then rely on Ipsy to introduce me to the rest.

    ReplyDelete