Naples, FL Recap: Babymoon-alicious



Back in February, Chad and I got to spend three glorious days and nights in snow-free, sunny Naples, Florida. It could not have come at a better time, as Maine as in the middle of getting HAMMERED with snow storm after snow storm. We soaked up some sun, did a lot of eating and got three night's worth of uninterrupted sleep...all while Cam was home with my mom being spoiled rotten! :)

Sidenote: Chad earned this trip through work for being a bad-ass sales guy. There were 100 Sysco workers (plus their spouses) from Northern New England: Philly, NY, Connecticut, Mass, NH and Maine. 

Thursday, we arrived, got shuttled to our hotel, took a nap, showered up then joined the rest of the Sysco crew for dinner in the hotel. 


The views from our balcony: 








Friday, Sysco offered one "excursion" to each person, and we chose the catamaran...I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather do than NOTHING while being floated along a gorgeous waterway in the sun. (The open bar would have been nice to enjoy, but I'm not complaining!)










We eventually anchored on a little island, and I had zero interest in getting off the boat and getting in the cold water just to wander through the woods...however, Chad forced me into going, and look what was at the other end of this short little path:











We eventually had to get back on the boat and head back to the hotel to get ready for a night on our own. 





We met up with Jamie and Bonnie (Chad's co-worker and his wife) and enjoyed some delicious calamari, gnocchi and red wine (my sip was SO good) before going to our main course at Sea Salt. It was delicious (and the pepper crackers were HUGE), but we kind of wished we had stayed at the little Italian restaurant where had our apps...it was cute and cozy and much less stuffy. Our dinners were good (not great), but it was still a ton of fun. Jamie is HILARIOUS, and I don't think we stopped laughing the entire time!


Complimentary cotton candy for dessert...yes, please!



Saturday was all about relaxing on the beach...we rented a bed on the beach because a) They were cheap b) They were comfy and c) They kept our pale white Maine skin from getting sun blisters! We still managed to get some sun and the Vitamin D was heavenly for our bodies! 







Saturday night, we had another dinner at the hotel with the Sysco crew (Who apparently closed down the bar - We were back in our rooms and in bed by 10:00!) then woke up on Sunday, packed our bags, grabbed some breakfast then relaxed until the shuttle picked us up at noon.

Being away was just what we needed, but we sure did miss this little guy...He didn't have any problems while we were gone and was completely spoiled by my mom. The pictures that my mom kept sending made it easier (and harder) to be away, but in the end, it was SO NICE to get away and escape the schedules, commitments and the SNOW!


What is this face? He cracks me up!


Scissors are the new fork??


My hot date for the long-weekend and life. I love you, babe. 






6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous getaway!!!!! Looks like it was a blast!!!!! You guys deserved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live in a world of free cotton candy for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing!! I love Naples! I'm so jealous of an adults only trip - that sounds incredible. I'd probably just want to stay in the hotel and sleep the entire time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, what is better than some one on one time with your main squeeze on a fabulous beach! ....Um, having it paid for that's for sure!!! haha So glad (and a bit jealous) ya'll had a great baby moon!!! Such fabulous memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, look at all that sunshine! I've been in the mood for a tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete