Louise James: 33 Weeks and Baby Gear



It's been four weeks since I've posted an update (and too many weeks since I've posted a picture), but rest assured, this little girl in on our mind 24/7. (Maybe it's because she never stops moving?)

How far long? 33 weeks...7 weeks to go! We had an ultrasound yesterday to check on the location of my placenta, and everything is fine! She's also head down with little chance she'll flip, so we are thankful for these two things. She's 4.5 pounds, has hair and is still a "she." I am measuring at 33.5 cm, and I am about 33.5 weeks along! 

Clothing: I have officially put away my boots until the fall (finally) and am sporting plenty of leggings, dresses and flats. My two pairs of pants get thrown into the mix, but they aren't my first choice. I am totally looking forward to pulling off some maxi dresses and flip flops in the near future - I am just waiting on the snow to melt! We have a couple of events coming up (baby shower and fundraiser), so I need to figure out what to wear to those.

Cameron: Cameron-wise, he's been quite the rebel lately in the listening department (more on that tomorrow). But, he's still so excited for Louise, although he's started to be more rough with me (and everyone). All this kid wants to do is wrestle and pillow fight... I keep talking about helping - he wants to help with bottles and diapers...we'll see about that. ;) I may have already shared this, but I picked up Cam out of his crib the other night while he was sleeping. As I held him in the chair, I started bawling big, huge waterfall tears. I'm so excited to see our family grow, but I feel like she's almost intruding...does that make sense? Like, our family is complete right now, and I know that will change, but I am trying to spend SO MUCH time with Cam right now before I can't devote all my attention to him.

Chad: Ahhh, my personal masseuse and chef is still amazing. I think I've gotten either a foot, head or shoulder massage every night for the past two weeks. He is a charming man, let me tell you. ;)

Food: I am loving raw broccoli right now (weird), can't get enough fruit (apples, bananas, strawberries, grapes and frozen pops), carbs and cheese are always delicious, and Asian is pretty much my #1 request.

Sleep: Knock on wood, I am still sleeping really well. I had a rough night last night because I got woken up, but as long as nothing disturbs me, I am totally fine. Falling asleep is NOT an issue...it's the 1-4 am part that's questionable.

Workout: Yes, this is a new category because I just started working out a few weeks ago! Chad and I have been hitting the gym together (since it's still FREEZING outside) 4-5 nights a week. I am just walking on the treadmill, but at an incline, so I feel fairly productive for being so pregnant. I am so excited to be able to work out again once Louise arrives - my T25 is collecting dust, and the Bob has not been used since the fall. Those will both change as soon as possible!

Nesting: I have started to nest a little...I have so much energy to clean sometimes, but zero motivation other times. Cam is still in Louise's room, so I have not set it up like I want, but I have hung her clothes and started going through clothes we've been given. I brought the Rock-n-Play up from the basement, so we are set, right?! Ha...it's so funny how different Pregnancy #2 is!

Fun Moment: Seeing Louise wiggle around in her ultrasound yesterday! We got some 3-d pictures, which are so weird, but fun. She has hair (Cam had some when he was born) and seems perfectly "normal."

Coming Up: We have our family baby shower this weekend, and I can't wait to see everyone! I think it's silly if you don't celebrate the second baby like the first...they get the shaft everywhere else, so the least we can do is welcome her with a few new pieces of her own. ;)

Differences/Similarities: Chad thinks I look bigger (like as big as I did when I had Cameron), but I am about 20 pounds lighter than when I gave birth. I actually feel really good right now...not too tired but definitely BIG. I can tell I am not as big as when I had Cameron, but I fully expect to be there very quickly!

Symptoms: Acid reflux is my enemy right now...it's nauseating. Tums work great, but I am kind of tired of eating them. I am fairly uncomfortable unless I'm sitting, lying flat on my back or lying on my side. I can't sit on the couch and lean to the side any longer and any other position on the couch is uncomfortable unless I am flat on my back. This, then, causes me to fall asleep. :) I still get nauseous in the morning sometimes, but it's nothing compared to the first half of this pregnancy! When people ask how I'm feeling, I say, "GREAT!" because I cannot complain about anything at this point!

Baby Gear: We have a lot of stuff leftover from Cam, but we also borrowed a lot. AND, I've come across a few items that I didn't know about before or just didn't have. Here's what I'm adding to our collection this time around:



Louise James


The Solly Wrap gets rave reviews from everyone, so that's a must on my list. Cam had the Bjorn, but I now know how bad they are for baby's hips, so I picked up an Ergo at a consignment store. I feel like the Ergo's too bulky for some situations, so the Solly will be a perfect supplement.

The nursing cover is just cool (and not expensive). It also doubles as a car seat cover for the sun or wind. We always used a blanket for Cam, but it could be handy to have this around.

The burp bibs are just adorable...way to go, JCrew/A&A. I am not an all-out pink mom, but I think these are pretty cute. (And, I am secretly loving adding these feminine touches to our home!)

Sophie, Boon Grass and the white noise machines are duplicates from Cam. He loved them both so much that we will definitely be getting another set for Louise. People ask if Sophie is worth it...so much that we will have two. And Boon now has three sizes for drying racks, so we will just add to what we have. ;) 

We never had a glider for Cam, so I did a lot of walking around trying to soothe him. THIS is at the top of my list, for sure! I also want a chair for reading and just cuddling...and a recliner seems perfect since I am sure I will spend more than a few nights sleeping in it. ;) 

We are also getting the Ubbi diaper pail. We had the Diaper Dekor, but it didn't keep the smell in, and you had to buy special (expensive) bags for it. We've been sans-diaper pail for almost two months, and while it's manageable, I'd prefer to have one in the nursery.


That's all for now! See you in a few weeks with another update!


8 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling pretty good, mama!! I totally hear you on the 1-4 am thing - if I'm not disturbed it's glorious sleep, wake me and I'm up for hours. So frustrating! I'm waiting for that covered goods cover to come back in stock! And I splurged on the Ubbi pail too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. personal chef and massuse? SEND HIM MY WAY. and those jcrew a&a things are DIVINE. why o why does the crew always hit home runs?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily has been a no-listening queen lately too. I feel like she is testing every boundary to see if we still have rules around here. It's hard.
    I soooo feel you about the thoughts on second baby coming into an already axing family. I had the exact breakdown 2 weeks ago. Thankfully I'm super excited again and not so overwhelmed anymore now that I had that emotional release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're almost there! I've been eying that same white noise machine. I have the Boba Wrap and absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, it's no sleep central over here too! If I'm up for a minute then it's up for two hours!!! And PERFECT list! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've got ourselves some goooood men! Totally with you on the broccoli lol.

    And 100% agree about showers for second babies. I thought that before I was ever even pregnant but now I can't say anything about it without sounding like an ungrateful gift grabber. But yeah, it's sad that no one wants to celebrate successive babies. Anyway.....

    I learned how to wear my solly yesterday and it looked hilarious on my bump. But way easier to wrap than I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girl loves her Sophie! We have and use a baby bjorn carrier like everyday - I haven't heard anything about it being bad for the hips?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you got a 3D ultrasound! And I am so excited to try out the solly baby wrap this pregnancy! We are a no stroller family, so I baby wear all day long! I literally have so many carriers it's a bit ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete