Louise James: 29 Weeks and the Nursery!




How far long? 29 Weeks - I STILL have to look at The Bump to see how many weeks along I am...I have been going by months - I am about 6.5 months along ;)


Clothing: I am hating pants and go through every legging/dress outfit I can before they are too dirty to wear, and I have to resort to pants. My GAP Skinny Jeans are wonderful, as are my Ultra Skinny Pants, but I am constantly pulling them up now, and I think that Louise doesn't appreciate the added pressure when I sit....the band goes right under my belly, which is where she's hibernating.

Cameron: I have been talking to him lots about helping when Louise arrives...I am trying to be sure that he understands that there's actually going to be a baby living with us! I brought us reading books and taking baths...He offered to feed her a bottle and sing her "little baby songs." Seriously...I cannot wait to see them together! We had some friends over (who included a 9 month old girl), and Cam was NOT having it at first, but then he agreed to "hold" her (which totally surrounded by pillows and people) for an entire three seconds. He was pretty excited!

Chad: Chad's been cooking up a storm - he's like a short order cook for me! Grilled cheese and soup, Chinese dishes, Italian dishes, taco salad...whatever I'm in the mood for, he makes it for dinner. ;) I am one lucky gal! He's also been rubbing my always-growing feet and my aching lower back and putting up with me falling asleep before 9:00 lately...he's a trooper!!

Food: See above...I am not having any aversions (unless they come randomly) or major cravings (I am trying to lay off the Lucky Charms and ice cream). I have started my day with an everything bagel, butter and a cup of apple juice for the last six months, though! :)

Sleep: I am SO TIRED this week...I am not sure if it's the third trimester hitting me suddenly or the fact that I am back at work after nine days off (that included nine days of naps), but I am exhausted by 8:00. I am sleeping through the night as long as I don't have to get up to check on Cameron or to use the bathroom (or to eat), I have no problems...if I get out of bed, then I am up for 2-3 hours!

Fun Moment: Really deciding on Louise's nursery. We did a nautical theme for Cameron (navy blue, red/orange and a little lime green full of anchors, lobsters and sailing stuff). Since we live on the water, we are doing sort of the same for Louise, but much more feminine: mermaids, mint, gold and pink....I can't wait to see it all come together! I am having so much fun pinning stuff and adding it to my cart for a future purchase! ;) We've also had a lot of friends over to break in our new kitchen/home, which we love!

Coming Up: My mom is moving in with us for a couple of weeks until HER unit is done. We've lived together for the past three years, but never in the same LIVING space...we've always had our own living room area or our own units all together (in the same building), but she will be living WITH us. She's such a good help with Cam, and we do love her company, so it will be a fun couple of weeks.

Differences/Similarities: This girl is a MOVER! If I move just the slightest, she moves, too...for a long time. I LOVE feeling her, though, because I know she's healthy, but it's still weird! Sometimes, I say out loud, "Isn't it weird that there's a person in my stomach?" Also, I forget that I'm having a GIRL! I was just reading someone else's weekly update, and thought to myself, 'How cool...she's having a girl! I wonder what it's like....Oh, wait...I'M having a GIRL, too!!!!' I guess I need to start buying some more pink to get my mind right. ;)

Symptoms: Heartburn/acid reflux like WHOA. It's nauseating...seriously. I've started taking omeprazole a couple of times a week...it lasts for a few days and even when it's wearing off, it takes the edge off a little. My lower back is starting to hurt a little, I've had a few Braxton-Hicks and my feet are feeling a little more snug in my boots, but I am not complaining. I still feel great (other than being EXHAUSTED), and I hope the swelling stays away more than last time!



Louise's Nursery


Louise's Nursery



I kind of love how it's not to matchy-matchy, but I think it all goes well together. I am not a pink/purple overload kind of person, but she definitely needs some femininity in her room! 

We didn't have a rocker in Cam's room, so that's a must this time. I want a reclining glider because, why not? I will be doing some sleeping in that chair! The bedding is from Land of Nod and Serena & Lily, and the changing pad cover is from Land of Nod, too!...I can't wait to see them all together!

The decor is from various places, but includes Land of Nod (See a theme?), Etsy and other cute stores

This was my original inspiration for the colors; it was the first piece we bought, and it's been waiting patiently for some company. ;)






11 comments:

  1. ha! You sounds like me! No pants just leggings, etc. until laundry time. LOVE the nursery decor ideas and inspiration painting and cannot wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls should just move in together! Because kenz's nursery totally has some of the same pieces! And confession? I ordered that art as soon as you posted about it and it's also hanging in the nursery. But it's perfection! So I totally copied you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so similar, it's crazy! I literally HATE pants, like hate them. And am exhausted at night, but if Waverly wakes up, I am up for at least an hour battling to fall back asleep! You are going to love having a girl, love the nursery ideas! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the nursery theme and all of your inspiration pieces! Can't wait to see it come together. I'm so jealous that your husband cooks all that great food for you too. Hope you're having a good day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pregnancy is flying by (for me)! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In totally exhausted too girlfriend! I think it's 3rd trim + having a toddler to chase! Love love love the nursery inspiration!!!!!!!!! So adorable! I love how it isn't very matchy matchy too! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I LOVE her nursery ideas! It will be so beautiful.

    I keep saying the same thing about how weird it is to have a person living in there lol. Like, when you really stop and think about it, it's crazy!!

    I would never remember what week I'm in if it wasn't for my blog :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love your nursery inspiration! And I hear ya on the exhaustion! The third trimester hit and all of sudden I was so tired again. I don't remember that happening with Liam, but I suppose it's all different when you're chasing after a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your inspiration board!! That crib skirt is beautiful and I cannot wait to see it all come together! Just about 10 weeks to go! That is fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! The weeks are flying by! I can't believe you're already 29 weeks!
    What is it about pregnancy and cereal?! It's just SO GOOD, ha ha!
    Can't wait to see the nursery!

    ReplyDelete