Five on Friday: Random Random


Happy Friday! Bring on the weekend full of errands, cleaning, cooking and another dinner (play date) party. We are having two families over tomorrow for dinner tomorrow, and Cam is more excited than anyone because these families include two of his best friends: Jonah and Avery! I am sort of excited to have a house full of kids (and friends who are parents, which makes everything easier).



ONE
Did you know that can join Amazon Mom for free when you have an Amazon Prime membership? I had no idea...this may come in very handy (read: become very dangerous) when Louise arrives!



TWO
We are starting to work on Louise's nursery, and I am so excited! You all were so sweet with your comments about my inspiration board...I plan on buying a few pieces at a time, but Cam is "living" in her room right now, so it's tough to bring in a lot of new stuff. I think my next purchase will be some wall decor pieces, as Cam is still using the crib AND changing pad, so there's no sense in buying those now! Plus, it will help me figure out the layout of the furniture a little better...


(via)

(via)

(via)
I will probably DIY an L for her nursery


(via)










THREE
This article talks about making 30 meals for under $300...I am going to do this. I think that a few hours of prep is totally worth having dinner prepared in the freezer during Louise's first few weeks with us or really any night this summer. And, these meals actually look like meals my family will eat!






FOUR
Citrus Lane keeps sending fun stuff and totally hitting the mark for Cam! In last month's box, we got a little sample of the Tegu blocks. I had seen them mentioned before, but totally disregarded them because of their price. However, they are totally worth it! They are magnetic and so fun - they keep Cam totally entertained while we are at a restaurant or waiting somewhere. They also send little samples of snacks, usually something to eat with/on and maybe a book or other product. I don't feel like I'm saving any money by getting their box, but they always introduce me to something I would not have tried initially, including this fun little memory game





FIVE
Anthropologie opens in Portland today!! My mom and I were going to go to the sneak peak opening last night, but I didn't feel like fighting the crowds. (And, they weren't offering any discounts, so I am happy waiting.) I am sure we will be there a LOT, as it's literally a mile from our house! Trouble, trouble...



Have a great weekend!!





10 comments:

  1. Did you also know that as an Amazon mom member you get 15% off items on your Amazon baby registry. Even if you don't share it with anyone, it's a great deal since a lot of times Amazon's prices are cheaper anyways. Good luck with those freezer meals lady!! That looks intense! Have a fab weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthro walking distance from my house would be way more dangerous than Amazon mom. FOR REALS. And I can't wait to see Louise's nursery come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anthro, how exciting!!!! We just got one here too! Good luck with the freezer meals, love that idea (and wish I could make it happen!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i'll have to check out Amazon mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazon mom?! I need to figure out what this is ASAP! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intrigued by Amazon Mom! Definitely going to check it out. And how fun about Anthro! It's my downfall. :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got an Anthropologie here and I've yet to venture in there. I need to do so!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love me some anthro. Actually I really only like their home department. Their clothes just are quite my style (of course I haven't checked out their clothing for 12 years....)

    That bow hook is so cute. I might need one in Ellie's toddler room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the freezer meals. I've never succeeded with that one! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that jellyfish print! And Tegu blocks are a huge hit in our house! Amazon has them on sale occasionally, so that's where we buy them. Also I scored a set on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids once!

    ReplyDelete