Week 26: Louise James




Dress from Old Navy on clearance for $4.49!! Holla!


How far long? 26 Weeks! (I am not getting weekly emails anymore, for some reason, and I just had to login at thebump.com to see how far along I am...Thanks, Pregnancy #2!)

Clothing: I may as well take this category out because I am wearing the same 5 outfits and loving every comfy moment in them! Leggings and dresses/tunics are my favorite to wear with boots since it's been snowing non-stop since January 27.

Cameron: He did SO WELL with my Mom and Dad (They are divorced, but they kind of co-grandparented this past weekend) while we were gone, and he was super sweet when we go back. I thought it might be a tough transition, but he understood that we were gone, but coming back..."You come back, right?" "You and Daddy fly on a plane?" He's getting so smart and doesn't miss a beat!! One quick story....while I was getting ready in the bathroom this morning, Cam was playing in my vanity drawers and saw my hair dryer. He said, "That was nice of you to leave your hair dryer here so LouLou could dry my hair." I kind of chuckled and said, "That was nice of LouLou to dry your hair, bud!" To which he responded, "But that was nice of you, too." This kid....

Chad: Chad and I had the BEST time together...there was no agenda, lots of sunshine and no distractions. We ate, he drank (I grabbed a couple sips of wine and champagne), we shopped and we relaxed...I am so glad that we got three days together before Louise arrives. This will certainly be a trip that we remember.

Food: I am eating fairly normal, but I have added two things to my diet that I could not STAND before being pregnant: sausage links and cherry flavored stuff (mostly Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia). I seriously HATED both my entire life but have consumed more than my fair share over the last few weeks. Pork is highly unappealing to me, but I was never a huge pork fan anyways. Lucky Charms are still constantly in our pantry as are everything bagels - I have eaten one for breakfast every day! It helps with the morning sickness so I can get through brushing my teeth and drinking coffee. I have also been snacking on Greek yogurt, granola and blueberries for the past month or so...it holds me over until lunch time!

Sleep: I am still having the same sleep issues...I fall asleep (too) easily and wake up in the middle of the night to pee or if Cam starts crying a little. If I stay in bed, I can fall back asleep. If I get up to see Cam or to pee, I am up for at least two hours. I have taken Tylenol PM a few nights when I really need sleep (or when I've gone a few nights with little sleep), which helps 100%...even if I get up, I can go right back to sleep.

Fun Moment: Our Florida babymoon (more on that later this week) and getting settled into our home. Now that we are back from our trip, we will be able to unpack and really start enjoying our home!

Coming Up: Not too much, thankfully! I have a meeting with HR about my maternity leave, a dentist appointment since I had to cancel it back in October due to constant nausea, Valentine's Day, my glucose test next Monday as well as a check-up and a birthday party for sweet Jacqueline. Sometimes I like our simple life with little commitments! ;)

Symptoms: same old stuff...some heartburn, some swelling, some contractions starting. I am hoping the swelling stays down, but I can definitely feel my shoes getting a little tighter!


10 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great trip!! It sounds perfect too. I've been dreaming of a relaxed beach vacation for several months now, but I think we're going to have to wait until after baby. :( Good to know Tylenol PM works. My doc just recommended it the other day too, so I'm going to have to get some! Welcome back and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to babymooning! I can't wait to hear more about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a babymoon!!! I haven't done Tylenol PM yet - sounds like I need to because the EXACT thing happens to me! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You my dear look amazing. Seriously stunning. And I'm so so so happy you not only had a blast on your trip but that cam did so well!! Horray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing and I love that dress! Everything bagels are seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome!! I love that dress! Major score.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, you look amazing! I hope you and Chad had a great time in FL. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you look AMAZING! That dress and those colors are the cutest!
    Love that you got to go on a babymoon together. Sounds like it was a perfect time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so great its not even funny!! Cheers to the upcoming baby moon- take me in your luggage! haha Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are such random cravings, but I guess all pregnancys are! For mine, I craved sauces. I craved tzatziki like crazy and would eat an entire thing of it. I also craved extra spicy vegetarian pho all the time. And Hoisin sauce. I also wore the same super comfy outfits over and over and luckily never had to buy maternity clothes thanks to leggings, maxi dresses/skirts and cozy sweaters. Glad you had an amazing babymoon!

    ReplyDelete