Five on Friday


Please stop what you are doing and pray (or give healing thoughts) to one of my sorority sisters, Molly, and her husband, David. Molly was 20 weeks pregnant with twins - Evelyn Rose and Wyatt Cade - when she went into unexplained preterm labor on Tuesday. Both babies were born breathing, but they left that same day to be God. I can't even get through typing this without tears streaming down my face....I can't even imagine what they are feeling. PLEASE be thankful for what you have. Nobody should have to go through this.

I really can't write about anything happy or exciting in my life after writing that...it just kills me. How unfair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had our first "get together" at our house for the Super Bowl, and it was so fun! I love that we have a space where we can entertain now...I see lots of gatherings in our near future!

Elizabeth made this delicious taco dip: It had a cream cheese/sour cream base 
with taco-flavored ground beef on top...delicious!

Brooklyn and Cam weren't as into the game as we were...
thank goodness for moves on the iPad!


I also made this delicious app in addition to wings and meatballs!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This picture showed up on my Timehop this week and almost sent me into full-on cry-baby mode...It made me realize how much Cam has changed in a year. 

I love his face in both pictures...he still does that when he is trying really hard to do something!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cam is adjusting just fine to our new home. We haven't unpacked everything yet, and we haven't figured out how to set up "his" area without taking over our entire space, but this little bench works just fine for some Saturday morning cartoons on the iPad. (That's two pictures with him watching the iPad - I promise he does more than that, but it has been very helpful to occupy him during the move!)

Can you spot Cam?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


You see that blank space next to the fireplace/tv? This beauty should be arriving today to put in that space! We searched and searched for some art to hang in our home, but we haven't found anything we love, except the moose below. Living in Maine, moose are kind of like our state animal (besides the black bear), so we thought it was very appropriate to hang in our home. It also adds a pop of color to another otherwise-neutral space. 






That's all for now. Chad and I are in Florida for the weekend enjoying some relaxation, a catamaran trip and some fancy dinners...see you all on Monday!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm so so sorry for your friend. I can't imagine what she must be going through. My heart goes out to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how devastating..... as a loss mama (times 4) I have an inkling of what she is going through.

    That moose picture though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely heartbreaking...I can't even begin to imagine. My heart goes out to your friend and her family. Also to you and your's. Things like that tend to hit home.

    Loving your new home & hoping your babymoon is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your sweet friend's loss. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    It seems hard to say much more than that, but your new space is beautiful. I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete