Five on Friday: My BASIC beauty finds


I am by NO MEANS a beauty blogger or beauty expert...my make up routine consists of CC Cream, bronzer, blush and mascara. And dry shampoo. Lots of it. BUT, these are some new products I've tried that I love!!



ONE
When we went to Florida a few weeks ago, I forgot my hair dryer. I've never had good luck with hotel hair dryers, so I figured I would go for the beach look and let my hair dry au natural. However, it was much cooler and not as humid as I thought, so I reached for the hotel dryer before dinner to get my hair straight. It was THE BEST HAIRDRYER I've ever used!!! Before we left for dinner, I went to the front desk and asked if I could buy it. Seriously. The nice man looked at me like I was crazy (He obviously didn't get my major girl problem of NEVER using a hairdryer like this), said he had to ask, then came back and took my name and number. I never heard from him again. Luckily, I have Amazon Prime and ordered that sucker immediately.

It's not exactly like the one in the hotel (I think it's about 20 years newer), but it's amazing and worth all $20 I spent on it




TWO
I mentioned my new-found love for Younique lash fibers, but I've since changed my mind. I don't think they're worth the $30, but they're definitely better than what I was using before. However, another blogger (I can't remember who - damn you, pregnancy brain) suggested this mascara, so I ordered it (Again, thanks, Amazon Prime) and don't love it either. I have really fine, short lashes....any help??? Younique is definitely MUCH better than this one; and I am OK with spending that for results, but they aren't the results I was hoping for. 





THREE
Pantene (through Influenster) sent me a great box of goodies to try, including their Full & Strong shampoo and conditioner (total hits) and their dry shampoo. I've already expressed my love for their dry shampoo before, but they sent a cute little travel sized sample that I took with us to Florida. Talk about good timing! (The shampoo and conditioner were full-sized bottles, so we are still enjoying them!) Not only does it make your hair look not-dirty, it adds volume, which I need drastically. AND, you don't have to comb it out, so it works great on curly hair, like mine!



"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."



FOUR
I've always loved Arbonne's products, but their moisturizing line is amazing, especially during these winter months. I have combination skin, but it turns dry-as-a-bone during the winter, and this line is a total life saver. I can actually wear my liquid CC Cream, which I was never able to do in the winter. (They also have great lines for oily skin, aging skin and acne, if you're interested!)





FIVE

This is obviously not a beauty product, although I've considered using it to exfoliate a few times....The Scrub Daddy is a.ma.zing. Seriously. I HATE sponges because they are so disgusting and full of bacteria - they totally freak me out, and if someone washes something with one, I won't use it. Weird? I don't know, but these are anti-bacterial, they don't rip and they're fairly cheap. BUY ONE if you don't already have one. I may buy stock in them.





I hope you all have a great weekend!! We will be entertaining some friends and getting our house ready for my mom to move in on Monday...fun times ahead! ;)



7 comments:

  1. I neeeeeeeeeeed a new hairdryer! I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got a new hairdryer and i swear it changed my life! apparently my 10yr old $10 travel hairdryer needed replacing. and those sponges! do you use them for dishes?! or what. they sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used any of these products but I'm definitely going to check them out! Great recs!

    Happy Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Benefit They're Real mascara! I absolutely love it. It provides the lengthening and full look without multiple layers. It runs about $25 a tube and can be found at Macy's, Sephora, Ulta and maybe a few other places!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have younique and I really like it, however sometimes I just don't have the motivation to go through the steps of applying it... I am THAT lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hair dryer can change your life! ;). Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I need to look for that hair dryer! And those sponges. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete