Five on Friday: Friday Meatballs, As Seen on TV and Life Updates

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! The first full week back to work after vacation is always so long....
TGIF, for real.



ONE
Friday Meatballs
Have you all seen this? I love this concept! Meatballs every Friday night might be a bit much, but I love the idea of having a set dinner (or breakfast/coffee) that friends and family know they are always welcome to when they can attend. Right now, we go out to dinner with my Dad every Friday, which is a fun ritual in itself...maybe we'll do Saturday or Sunday. Guys can watch football after dinner while the ladies clean the dishes. I don't mind that one bit. The kids can play together. Everyone can drink wine. It sounds heavenly....With the hustle and bustle of life, it would be nice to have one constant where you can see those you love without too much planning. Chad may not appreciate that I am volunteering him to cook 52 times a year, but I think he'll get over it. ;)





TWO
As Seen on TV
Don't laugh...I bought TWO "As Seen on TV" items this week, and I love them both!! I was in Kohl's randomly (Not a fan - are you??) and saw a table full of stuff...I had to hold back on buying more because I am a total sucker, but these two beauties made their way into my cart!

GRAB BAG: Bahaha, this is totally me! They're great!

Veggetti: amazing! I have seen a few people post about it, so I thought I'd try it. 
It does not disappoint!



THREE
Hello, Gorgeous. Our kitchen. I. Cannot. Wait.


This picture doesn't even do it justice...the island is 4' x 8' and the white quartz looks amazing. Our undermount sink fits perfectly, the Wolf range is Chad's dream-come-true and now we wait for the rest of the house to be finished. The bathrooms are tiled, the walls are painted and the heat and hot water are installed. Come on lighting, window treatments and bathroom fixtures! #inbysuperbowl




FOUR
HydroFlask



No, this is not the kind of flask I carried around in college, but for water (lame-o alert). It's seriously the best water bottle. It keeps hot drinks hot for 12 hours and cold drinks cold for 24 hours!! I bought the huge one (32 ounces), which has helped me keep up with my daily intake of water while pregnant. It's also super bright, so I never lose it! :) Thanks to some fellow pregnant ladies for turning me onto this...I will never use another water bottle again.


FIVE

We are beginning to budget hard-core with the new house and new baby...I love Dave Ramsey but am curious if anyone has any other programs they've used (and succeeded with)!



Happy Weekend!! We will be fully consumed in the house, the Patriots and a special visit on Sunday with my best friend's mom....I'm not sure what's up, but I am excited to find out!!




9 comments:

  1. Oh, that kitchen!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see it! And love the idea of Friday meatballs, can we do it together sometime?! ;)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks amazing and I love that concept about meatball Friday. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to get some of those bags- though I'm sure we'd use them as much as the recyclable grocery bags. Your kitchen looks like it's going to be amazing!-Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen looks great!! So exciting! I think I've mentioned it before, but a huge island is on my must-have list for our next house, so of course I'm drooling over yours! Love the idea of casual Friday family dinners too, especially when we add kids to the mix! Have a great weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dreaming of a big white kitchen and yours looks great - what I would do for a Wolfe!!

    My husband and I discussed a weekly family meal but that is way too much of a commitment for ours so we are hoping a monthly get together - 12 times can't be too daunting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the vegetti thing for Christmas! EEE! Cannot wait to to try it!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vegetti?! For real? Why have I never seen this? Must have now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen! I just know that it will be beautiful.

    VEGETTi - I think I may be making a trip to Kohls. So Neat!

    Stopping by for the first time today. Now Following!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT kitchen! Loving the exposed wood on the island.

    I've been doing the 52 week money challenge for the past couple years... puts a little under $1400 back in your pocket by the end of the year.
    http://lifeasyouliveit.blogspot.com/2013/12/52-week-money-savings-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete