Cameron: 2.5 Years!



I remember posting your weekly updates then monthly, and now it's just twice a year...However, I think that IG is doing a pretty good job of tracking your growth and progress. :)

As Sara said, 2.5 is bonkers. Totally, uncontrollably bonkers. And, I love it. Most of the time. I do need a break every now and then, but like the say goes: Distance (even just five minutes) makes the heart grow fonder.

October - 2 Years 3 Months


You are independent. - "Momma, I do it."

You are sweet. - "Momma, come sit with me." (You always emphasize words in the cutest way.)

You are intrigued. - "Why, Momma? Why?"

You are sassy. - "Two minutes, Momma.?" (while holding up three fingers); "I not ready, Momma."; "But, I don't wanna."


Weight: 33 pounds
Height: Growing
Diapers: size 6 (I am ready to potty train, but you have zero desire!)
Clothes: Mostly 2T with some 3Ts thrown in there...pajamas are 3 or 4T!
Shoes: 9


Sleep: You are still a great sleeper, but you have a lot of interferences - noises, growing pains and illnesses are at the top of that list! You have become quick to cry for me when you wake up in the middle of the night and aren't happy unless you come sleep with me on the couch or in bed. Going down in a process, but I have learned to be patient and do everything - we set an alarm to put on pajamas, which has been a life saver, we read books, drink milk and I sing a few songs to you. We now leave the door open a little and I promise to come back and check on you. I don't really come in until you're asleep because then we'd have to start the whole process over again!! ;) The video monitor we bought in July has been worth every penny. You are still taking one nap - anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3! You are also wanting a light on more and more, so I think it's time to find a fun nightlight!

December - Almost 2.5

Nightly rituals: "Ship up" - your pillow has a ship on it, and it always has to be facing up; as many pacifiers as possible - "It's like a treasure chest, Momma!" and Lots of friends - only soft ones, though...you know not to bring your "hard" toys into the crib.

School: You are still in the FES Toddler Room, and everyone is happy. Papa picks you up twice a week so Mommy can help LouLou work (and get some laundry/shopping done). Your teachers have talked about potty training four of you this spring, so I am ready for the help! I think that by seeing Rex, Thomas and Jonah use the potty, you will be more likely to do so, too. You did go once in December, but that was it.

Our ever-growing art collection from school....


Home: We are still living in our 600 sq ft apartment, and we are busting at the seams! You need more space to play and keep toys, and we need more space to live. We will be moving into our new house in just a few short weeks, and we cannot wait! We have been walking up to see the house, and you understand that it's "ours," so I am hoping for a smooth transition. We also bought you a full size bed for the move, so we are just throwing a bunch of changes at you at once. This could either go really well or really badly. ;)

Personality: Besides the first few lines above, you are amazing. You remember the oddest things, which make us thing you are a genius. You remember the tiniest details and stuff from days/weeks ago...You love to play pretend with Woody, Jessie, Buzz and Bullseye, and your new farm and horses that Santa brought are like gold to you. I love watching your imagination come through. You love to help, and I try to let you as much as possible. (Although, inside, I want to do is faster, cleaner and just once, but I am letting go and letting you learn!)


November - 2 Years 4 Months


Food: You are still a fairly picky eater, and you won't try many new things, but you have taken to Greek yogurt, granola and blueberries, which makes me happy. You ask for meatballs every night and never turn down turkey dogs (ick). You started eating a breakfast bar each morning, which I think is adorable. We've switched from cow's milk to 1/2 water and 1/2 Almond Milk - there's really no reason for this, but we drink Almond milk, and I am not a fan of cow's milk, so why not? You don't mind!

Favorites:

Sometimes, it feels like we have a six year old living with us: independent, clearly spoken and cooperative. Other times, I have to remind myself that you are just 2 1/2 years old - moody, wild and unpredictable. Every day is different, and every day is an adventure - either a wild, frustrating one or a sweet, never-letting-you-go one. I'll take them all - they all make you.



You and Avery at Panera this past weekend...she's your favorite "lunch date!" ;)




8 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm always reminding myself that these babes are JUST TWO. Because they act so big sometimes! And the imaginative play has been my favorite stage so far!

    And I love cam and his nightly "treasure chest"! Seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so big! I can't imagine carrying around 33 lbs while pregnant! Liam is super tall but is weighing in around 26 lbs. I'm going to need to check out that Circus Ship book it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those crafts!! He is so cute and so big! It's definitely tough carrying around a babe while pregnant. Rae still wants to be held ALL. THE. TIME. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you know it you'll have another babe running around with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is he already 2.5?! I can't believe Charli will be soon too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess- this is the cutest thing ever and gets me so excited for mommy-hood. What doll babies!!Love his little sayings! xoxo

    ReplyDelete