Baby Girl: 22 Weeks and her NAME!



Just some quick updates, as not much else has changed from last week:

MOVEMENT: I have started to SEE her kick from the outside, which is always fun.

SIZE: She's a pound! The weekly updates say she's less, but at our ultrasound last week, she was 15 ounces....big girl! Cam was always small, so we'll see how this plays out in the end!

OTHER: My placenta is low-lying, so I have to have a few more ultrasounds before delivery. If nothing changes, I will have to have a C-Section...The chances are high that it will shift before then, but every time they tell me that, I get a little more nervous that I won't experience a true labor again...I was induced last time and had a vaginal birth and would like to do it again (minus the induction).


Now onto the....


NAME REVEAL!!

I have had a girl's name picked out for years - like, at least ten years: CHARLOTTE LOUISE. When I met Chad, and we started talking about kids, he loved it, too - We would call her Charli. However, every playground, birthday party or swim lesson has a little girl named Charlotte now. So, when we found out we were having a girl, we threw around a few other names including Regan, Kennedy and Clinton (Just kidding!!!!). We do love Regan and Kennedy, but we would have used Louise for the middle name, and we really wanted to incorporate Chad's brother, Jim (James) into it somewhere. (Louise is my middle name, my mom's middle name, my paternal grandmother's name - it's on both sides of my family, so it is definitely something we wanted to incorporate. It has always been the "middle" name of my future daughter.)

We talked about Jamie Louise but didn't love it. We talked about having two middle names (Louise and James), but that didn't stick either. Then one of us mentioned Louise as a first name....side note: I used to HATE my middle name - like, so embarrassed about it, I wouldn't tell anyone! Now, we are naming our daughter after it:

Louise James Scott

We have always liked "boy" names for girls, and this is just perfect to us. Both names have family ties, and we keep saying it over and over again with smiles!

Isn't it crazy how much thought goes into a name? It's so tough to decide on something so permanent!!

Nicknames: My mom is "LouLou" to Cam, so we can't call her anything like that. I don't like LJ, personally, so I am calling her "Elle" (L). Cam calls her Louise, and it's the sweetest sound I've ever heard come out of his mouth. He struggles a bit, which makes it even cuter.

Thanks for listening to my long story about how we came up with our little girl's name! It's so fun to call her Louise instead of baby or baby girl!!


13 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! It's gorgeous! Classic and a unique at the same time. Love using masculine names for a girl too. Beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect! I love family names, and intend on incorporating a lot of them into our future kid names. Then I get overwhelmed and think that we'll need about 15 kids to cover everybody! :)

    -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Still in love with it. Truly madly deeply true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love love love the name. We considered it for Mim. I would have used "Louie" for a nickname. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable - I really love it!!!! Love the combo together! :)

    And I totally get how much thought goes into a name, we are exactly the same way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously love love love the name. It is so perfect!!!! So timeless and classic too. I love that it incorporates both sides of the family too. Can't wait to "meet" that sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I just LOVE it. Love it love it love it.

    We ran into the exact same problem with the name Charlotte. It was our "backup" name for Abigail, but 5 years later it is everywhere!!! So we chose differently too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love boy names as middle names on girls. Can't wait to see the face threat will go with the name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE!!!! I remember hearing Jameson say "Vivy Lorraine" when we asked him what his sister's name was. There are no words to describe the fuzzy feeling in your heart when you hear it come from the big brother's mouth. How lucky are these little sisters? GAH! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love it! I personally like more masculine girl names too! She'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love it! I personally like more masculine girl names too! She'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this name. I like guys names also for girls! Raelyn was a guys name from a show haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats!!! i am 20 weeks pregnant with our second, but our first girl! louise was on our list of middle names that we loved with a few first! i think you picked a great name :)

    ReplyDelete