Thanksgiving Vacation, Black Friday and Polar Express


We just came off from a five day mini-vacation that included a lot of snow, movies, food and shopping. If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen all of these, but here's a quick recap of our amazingly relaxing weekend!


Wednesday, I had my 16 week check up, so I left Cameron home with my mom and tackled a few errands before the snow came. 

Thursday, we woke up to a beautiful blanket of about 6" of snow. Thankfully, we didn't lose power like 100,000 people in Maine! After Cam refused to nap, we headed to LLBean because what else do you do when nothing else is opened? Chad got some new boots, a new bag and we all got new wool socks. (They're the best. Seriously.)




Friday, Cam looked like this for most of the day...pajamas, snacks and the iPad with lots of different puzzles, books and movies. During nap time, my dad came over so Chad and I could do some shopping. 



We have been searching high and low for counter stools, and we cannot find any we love. We found ONE at Pottery Barn, and it's discontinued, of course! I did find a watch for my birthday, and we went back to Freeport to do some more shopping at LLBean and JCrew for Peyton and Mica...they are racking up some good gifts this year! I also scored a good deal on a Dyson through Walmart's Black Friday online deals...it looks like it's still on sale! (And, I got 10% back through Ebates!)







Saturday, we headed to get a Christmas tree (which was conveniently located next to a donut shop), took a nice long nap then took Cameron on the local Polar Express train. 



In case you can't tell by these pictures, he had the BEST TIME. I am so happy that we did it!





We could not get a good picture to save our lives...the wood in the train made the lighting awful, and Cameron didn't want to stop looking at the elves, lights and Santa long enough to take a picture. It was pure joy watching him experience this!

Sunday, we (Chad) made homemade meatballs and sauce, Cam and I took a fun trip to Target then we watched the Patriots struggle through a loss against Green Bay. All in all, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend...just three weeks left until Christmas break!!



5 comments:

  1. SO much fun, those pictures bring so much joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Polar Express train looks like a blast! Glad you had a good holiday and got some good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew. what a weekend!! seriously!! and i have vacuum envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dream vacuum! And love the photos from the Polar Express! It looked like he had such an awesome time! Pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Polar Express sounds amazing! I love the photos! Cam looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete