Five on Friday: Life Updates


Happy Friday, and Happy Vacation to us!!


ONE

This week has been fairly quiet since Cam has had a little stomach bug, and we haven't done much except the following: 




He's back at school today, so fingers crossed the bug has passed!



TWO

Our house is getting closer and closer to being finished! Appliances and the fireplace are being delivered today and the flooring starts on Monday! 

Looking from the front of the house - kitchen and island, of course, pantry on the left, stairs beyond that and our bedroom straight ahead!

Looking from the fireplace towards the kitchen...our island will be 8'x4.5' and I couldn't be happier! I wanted a space where people could gather, we could eat dinner, do homework or just enjoy a bottle of wine. I love it! (Yes, that pole is staying as is...we are painting it Naval by Sherwin Williams.)

My favorite part of the house (not really, but I do love it). The laundry shoot!! It's going from the 2nd floor all the way to the basement and will be incorporated into this little bench just outside the bathroom. There's an opening on the first floor for us to use it, too, so I won't be going from room to room gathering dirty laundry! Now, if only there was a way to carry the folded laundry up two flights of stairs... ;)





THREE

My wrapping is done...except for the packages I continue to get daily. Oops. My wrapping helpers weren't much of a help, but they sure are cute!


Cam and Papa "wrapping" a gift for me!



FOUR

Today is pajama day at school, so Cam dressed as his favorite Elf - Mogurt. This kid would wear these every day, if he could!





FIVE

Thank you to everyone for entering our fun little giveaway this past week!! We (Rafflecopter) chose a winner, and she will be getting her package very soon!




8 comments:

  1. Hope he's 100% now!! :) and God bless Christmas pajamas. They're so STINKIN precious!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a new kitchen can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pajamas are so freaking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. How cute is Cam in his elf jammies?! Love it. Glad he's feeling better! And I am in love with your island. We will be seriously house hunting in 6 mos - 1 year and a huge island is on my wish list! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the progress on your house is so exciting! I can't wait to see the finished project! Love the open concept of the kitchen/living area that you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those elfie jams!!!! So precious!!! Yayyay for an almost complete kitchen! One step closer!!! Fingers crossed to no more stomach bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope sweet little man is feeling better. what a NOT FUN week. my husband grew up with a laundry shoot and he STILL talks about how much fun it was!!

    ReplyDelete