Five on Friday: Life is happening


Life is happening....quickly.  We have so much going on (Who doesn't?), and I am looking forward to being in our home and settled.

Here's what we have been up to lately...



ONE

Chad's birthday was on October 26, so we did what most normal people do and left Portland around 5:30 am to drive to Foxboro and tailgate for the Patriots/Bears game with my dad and Uncle Donnie! Chad grew up a Bears fan, but has since converted to a Pats fan. (That's my boy!) Having this game schedule on his actual birthday was totally a sign that we had to go. It was a blast (and not too cold), and they won! It was one of Tom Brady's best games.





TWO

We made these really cute pumpkin shaped crayons, but I don't think I will be doing that again. The crayons were a pain to peel, and the pumpkin shape makes the crayons hard to use. Cam loved doing it, and it was fun to do it together. But, I think we will stick to cookies - something we can eat. :) 






THREE

We are on step 15 of 20 (Step 20 is MOVE IN) for our house, according to this article, which makes my little heart so happy! My wish was to be in by Christmas, and it looks like that wish is going to come true! If you remember, we bought the house last November, gutted it throughout the winter then started really renovating it around April. We just finished picking everything out (sinks, vanities, lighting, floors, doors, etc...There's sooooo much to decide on in a short period!).

They started insulating on Tuesday, and I may or may not have danced a little jig when I got the picture below on my phone!

PS Don't you just love the American flag hanging? It's been there since the beginning!





FOUR

Who is doing Elf on the Shelf this year? We didn't do it last year because Cam was too young, but Mr Elf is purchased and ready to be named. I have been pinning ideas left and right because I am the least creative person you'll ever meet!






FIVE

I've been doing a lot of shopping lately...some for Christmas, some just because, mostly because it's cold and dark. My best deal this week? Sorels for $65! Thank you sales and GAP rewards!




I hope you all have had a great week and have some fun plans (or not!) for this weekend! We have a little cleaning and a couple of birthday parties on our agenda. 



5 comments:

  1. I SO hope you guys will be in by Christmas! How wonderful will that be! YES on the Elf! We got it when we were pregnant with Charli and used it the first time last year. She didn't really get it or understand it but she 100% loved him! She would call for him every morning and say hi to him while she ate breakfast! I can't wait to do it again this year for her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love those sorrels!!! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT THOSE SHOES!!! So jealous! Love the crayon idea - we did that with hearts and I agree that they were a bit awkward to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies > crayons any day!
    Good luck with your elf. Never done it here. Maybe when Aria is older. I can barely wrap presents in time as it is though. Sooo who knows =)
    I sure hope you are in by Christmas though, that would be extra festive.

    ReplyDelete