It's the Little Things: Enjoying my Toddler



Once again, I have to thank Ashley and Jess for this link-up. It's always so fun to stop int he middle of the hectic work week and think about what little thing has made me smile. There so many things on my stressed-out-about list, that the positives can get lost in there. 











We have been blessed with a nice fall so far....you never know what you will get in Maine, but I have been a happy camper this month. Cam and I have gotten to get out for some walks and hit the playground almost every night. I love our walks because he talks and talks about the water, the birds, the boats, etc...it reminds me that these things are part of our every day life, but so many people spend lots of money to see the ocean. 




Cameron has also been a little challenging lately (read: He's VERY 2 years old), so I love the moments when we interact as two humans. It's amazing. We made muffins for his classroom on Monday, and he sat at the bar patiently and watched me until I let him help. It literally brought tears to my eyes because I felt like I had done something right with him (compared to then 394,762 times that I feel like I've failed as a parent). I love that little guy. Watching your child grow is amazing.




5 comments:

  1. two is tough... hang in there!! I'm going through it myself... they're such angels sometimes and others.... well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! "i love it when we interact like two humans". amen sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! The toddler years are tough...I completely get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, those moments...the ones you are like yessss this is sinking in, and then two seconds later omg it is all going wrong!!! kids. I love baking together. I should do it more, I just hate the mess ha. Yeah we are by the ocean, i forget sometimes that some people have never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, SO sweet! I totally feel ya on feeling like you're doing everything wrong but you're not! Mama guilt is a terrible, terrible thing! Love that you stop to savor these little moments! You guys are the sweetest :-)

    ReplyDelete