It's a BIG thing: We got MARRIED!!


Boy, have I missed blogging, but I am so happy to be back and super happy to be linking back up with one of my favorite mother/daughter pairs to share our "little" things each week.






This week, it isn't a little thing...it's a BIG thing!


Chad and I officially (legally/finally) tied the knot, and I am 100% a Scott now! We've been together for four years, obviously had a baby, moved twice and are finally "The Scott Family of Maine" (probably not the only one)!

We had been waiting for Chad's daughters, Peyton and Mica, to come back to the States for vacation (Last year, we went to Holland, so this was their year to come here.) to be with us as we became a family. Our original plan was to have the girls come to Maine and have a big celebration here.

Different plans came together, so we made the drive down to the Outer Banks and met Chad's mother, brother, sister-in-law, and niece. My mom and Mickey drove, my dad flew and the girls met us there.

We rented a house just steps from the beach that slept 12 and had ourselves quite the time...it was truly a vacation that we will never forget - and not just because it included our wedding!

It was the first time we were all together - my parents had never met Chad's daughters, so that was truly special. It was obvious from the first night that we were all meant to be a big family, and it literally brought tears to both Chad's and my eyes multiple times throughout the week.

We decided to get married on Tuesday, July 15, and it was certainly not your typical day-of-wedding events!! Chad was SO sick...he barely got out of bed all day. I ran some errands to get champagne, flowers and medicine for my soon-to-be-husband then hit the beach before the huge storm rolled in! We were supposed to have the ceremony at 7, but luckily, Chad's brother was the officiant, so we were able to be a little flexible. We ended up saying "I Do" around 4:30, and luckily missed the rain! As you can see, the storm clouds made for an excellent backdrop, though. :)

Here are some of our snapshots from the wedding (no professional, just an iPhone)


My Daddy walking me down the boardwalk, up then down the stairs then across the beach

Jim, Chad's brother, did an amaaaazing job with our ceremony! 
There wasn't a dry eye anywhere!

The newly married couple!! (Poor Chad...he just wanted to go back to sleep!!)

My new brother-in-law <3

My new family! Jim, Me, Chad, Tanya and Jordan

Chad's mom, Sharon

My parents

My new niece, Jordan

And finally, my family. I love them all so much with everything I have.



After the ceremony, we went to have some professional family pictures done, since we probably will never all be together again! The session was free, but the poses were so "posed" and Cam go quite bored...this was the best picture we got with him because he didn't know it was happening. Seriously, he was in rare form. The photographer wanted nothing to do with candid shots (boring!), but my dad finally convinced her to snap one of these. The professional one is actually quite nice (because there's no doll)! 




Here are a few shots of the rest of the week. I am sort of disappointed that I didn't get more pictures, but I didn't have my phone much, which was nice, and my battery completed failed me in my regular camera. 

Fishing Charter...huge swells, not a lot of fish, but TONS of fun!

Lots of time on the beach...I don't know who had more fun, Chad or the kids!


Henna tattoos for the girls on a rainy day

Four of the most important girls in my life!

Lots of porch time...THE PERFECT house!


I couldn't have asked for anything better than this week together. I would have loved to have celebrated with our friends and family in Maine, but having the girls there was what was most important. Besides, who needs a big, fancy wedding anyways? ;)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like perfection minus the whole being ill on the wedding day bit. Congratulations! Simple and surrounded by family, that's the way to do it =) Although my friend just had a gigantic over the top wedding a few months back...that wasn't sad bad either. At least as a guest, couldn't imagine having it that way myself ha. I like simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Oh Jess, so thrilled for you, and Chad, and Cam! You were a family long before 'I do', but I'm so happy that you got to have 'your day'. You looked beautiful!!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It looks like it was a beautiful day on the beach!

    ReplyDelete