It's the little things....like dinner and wine


Linking up with Jess and Ashley has quickly become one of my favorite posts to write each week. I love finding that ONE thing that has made me smile - sometimes it's Cam, sometimes it's Chad, sometime's it's ME time. 




This week, the little thing that made me smile is Chad. And his appreciate for me as a mother, wife and full-time worker (with a 2nd job). Sometimes, I get the look to just sit while he prepares dinner, pours some wine then cleans up! Seriously...I don't have to do a single thing some nights, and I love it. I know that I could do this every night, but I get joy in doing things for my family. I love to help him in the kitchen (even though I'm the worst chef in the world) or do laundry while he's cooking or prepare lunches for the next day, but sometimes it's nice to just sit and watch cartoons with Cam.

And when dinner is ready and it looks like this, I am even more grateful. 


Chicken Milanese with brussel sprouts


And when there's delicious wine to go with it, I am glorious heaven. 


I hope you all are having a wonderful week!! We are getting MORE snow today, and I am O.V.E.R. it. I really try not to complain, but seriously...it's March, and I can't see even the tiniest piece of grass. 



6 comments:

  1. YUM! What a treat. Three cheers for Chad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. send chad to me anytime. . that dinner looks DIVINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright...you're gonna have to share Chad's recipe with us! It looks amazing! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a nice treat. Putting your feet up just for a little bit, totally makes the evening. I did that yesterday, my husband came home and whisked the babe outside while I grabbed a blanket and tea.

    ReplyDelete