5 on Friday: Lent, March, Baby #2 and Reno Updates

1) Lent
I grew up Catholic and am still a Christian...we haven't found a "home"church yet, but I really want to. I want to belong to that community again, but I really want to find my relationship with God first. For Lent this year, I was going to give up Facebook or wine or something silly like that (although it's great to sacrifice anything), but I decided to join Natasha and Colleen and sacrifice spending: Target runs, Starbucks and GAP.com purchases will no longer exist until Easter. I want to focus on what I have and not "things" to fill my space. I am also going to get rid of STUFF. Donate. Sell. Trash. There are so many people with nothing that it seems silly to me that I have four pairs of black flats. (Although, they are all for different outfits, but I digress.) So, I will spend my time at the Children's Museum with Cam, reading a book (that I already have) by the fire or watching a movie with Chad. I want to appreciate what I have instead of wishing for things I don't.

2) Baby #2
Is on it's way. PSYCH. But, I have been thinking a lot about adding another person to our family and what that would mean. I know that everyone with one child can't imagine adding another person to the mix (How can you love TWO people like this? How are you going to manage everything?), but I can't wait. After seeing all of you lovely ladies welcome Baby #2 (or numbers 2 and 3 at the same time), I cannot wait. I can't wait for the bond. I can't wait for Cam to be a big brother. I can't wait to snuggle a newborn again. I can't wait. But I will. No rush!




3) March

There aren't many things I DON'T like about March. There's St Patrick's Day, warmer temperatures and endless basketball!! I am in heaven. I think March may be my 3rd favorite month after July and December.

Throwback to last year: Those cheeks. Those two teeth. That hair. I just fell in love all over again!





4) Reno Update: 
The section that we are tearing down to rebuild is almost gone! There is no roof, no walls and no windows...just the little bit of walls left! I love seeing progress!






5) This is so last weekend, but my high school won the Girls' State Championship in basketball. We got to see them win last year and this year, and it's still just as exciting! When I was in high school, we were 1-17 my first two years then lost in the state championship my junior and senior year. Quite a change to where they are now, winning four state championships in a row!





Happy Weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. I need to join all you girls in the no frivolous purchases... Big time! And babe #2!! It's exciting and scary and just plain fun. Newborns smell soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest! So excited to keep watching your renovation updates AND for baby 2 whenever that may be! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found your blog! Your little boy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome that you're ready and excited about Baby #2 (whenever it comes along) I was/am so freaked ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay to the reno and yay to 'potential' baby #2!! Rooting for you!! (haha does that sound weird??) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your dedication to no purchases - it's so hard!! And I love seeing all your pics on the reno. It's fun to see how it's all coming along. Happy weekend to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture of Cam last St. Patty's Day is soooo cute! I adore his pink cheeks and sweet smile. I think a lot about baby #2 and seriously hope it happens soon. I can't handle O growing up so fast, so I really need another dose of baby in this house to keep things crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Courtney and admire your dedication to not spending. As sad as this sounds, and I know it sounds sad, I don't think I could do it. Not that I spend frivolously normally, but I would totally slip and buy myself a Starbucks... on like the day before Easter or something and totally screw myself. Good luck!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your excitement for #2 & that throwback pic!!! Sooooo precious!!!! Xo

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going to lie... two kids is HARD. Like REALLY HARD. But you know what? It's so so worth it. Since Jack has hit the 18 month mark, the bond between my 2 boys brings tears to my eyes. It's so awesome to watch them interact & I can't wait to see them together as they grow. And my heart melts each time Logan says that Jack is his best friend. <3

    ReplyDelete