5 on Friday: Life Updates






ONE
We booked a house in the Outer Banks for July. It's going to be us, Peyton, Mica, Chad's mother, brother, sister-in-law, niece, her boyfriend and my dad! My mom and her boyfriend are also going down, but they are getting their own house...no drama for this momma!! Haha...AND, we are getting MARRIED while we are there!!! We have been waiting to get married until we could do it as a family (read: the girls are with us), and we finally can! It won't be anything fancy or big...just the thirteen of us, a beach ceremony and some good food after. We will probably renew our vows on our first anniversary in Maine and have a much larger celebration with our family and friends. I wish they could all come down, but honestly, it's a huge hassle for everyone, so we are keeping it TINY. 

the view from our deck...I cannot wait!!


TWO
Cam is hard right now. I promise I won't complain much more because I know we are EXTREMELY lucky to be parents to a sweetheart of a little boy, and I know it could be a lot worse, but I just have to vent sometimes. So, thank you for listening and for letting me know that we aren't the only ones. 
I often finding myself thinkig, "You have the attention span of a one year old!!" Then I remember, wait, you ARE one. #momfail

And when he's hard, the best thing I can do is this:




THREE
Our home renovation project has been on hold for the last few weeks because of the ridiculous amounts of snow and stupid low temperatures. BUT, they started working again this week and the roof is off from the section of the house that needs to be rebuilt! I love seeing stuff happen!







FOUR
There have been a lot of sad things happening around me: a high school basketball player got majorly injured at a game we attended, a high school senior died from complications of wisdom teeth surgery, my co-worker's uncle got hit while fixing the trailer on his car by a girl that was texting and is now in a coma...please pray for them or hold your family a little closer tonight. Things could turn for the worse in an instance.

FIVE
On a happier note, my high school is playing in the state championship for basketball tomorrow night AND my mom is taking Cam overnight!! We are in for a wild weekend. (I just hope we aren't home and in bed by 9:00! Hahaha) We have only had one Cam-less night, and we came back home by 7:00 am the next day!! #cantstayaway

What are your plans this weekend?



4 comments:

  1. I'll pray for those families tonight! Its easy to forget how blessed we are! And ah congratulations on having a set date for your wedding ceremony! Have a great friday!

    Xoxo,
    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting married. House coming along Eeek!!! That's amazing!! And I always forget lex is just 2? I want her to be patient, and not so clumsy, and it never happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting married! Sounds like the perfect ceremony to me! :) That view from the beach house is amazing! And girl, I feel ya on Cam being hard right now. Some days with Hayden recently have been just such a huge struggle. I have to remind myself that it's just a stage but damn, it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Jess!!! So happy for you & Chad and all the wonderful things happening in your life right now. Yay for happy!!

    ReplyDelete