Paint Nite Portland



Have you heard of Paint Nite? It's a "new" (to our area) event where you go to a restaurant, order some drinks and create a painting while being coached by an artist. I am the worst artist in the entire world - like, I would shudder if a teacher ever asked us to draw anything - but I somehow painted something half-way decent. 

My mom's birthday is coming up, so I asked a couple of her friends to join us and we all had a blast. 

Here's a quick slideshow of our evening:

My momma and me...


Blank canvases..the wine had been poured and our imaginations started flowing. Hahaha!































Tada!!! 



This is definitely something I want to do again...it would even be fun with couples (even though it was all women this time) or something to do at your house!


This weekend, we are throwing a 50th birthday party for my mom...it was a surprise, but we ended up letting her know to make everything easier. (It's so hard to pull off a surprise party for someone you live with!) I am sure I will have lots of fun pictures to share with you all! 

Happy Friday, friends!!





3 comments:

  1. This is a really neat idea! Although, I have a feeling after a few drinks my paintings would end up looking more like Pollack than Van Gogh. ;-) Have a great weekend, Jess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like SO MUCH FUN. and pretty sure everyone's paintings are masterpieces! you all did such a great job. LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it! We actually have something similar called Corky Canvas - wine and painting. I've been twice - once with a girlfriend and once we took customers from work...great fun both times! Sounds like you guys had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete