It's the little things...





I am joining Ashley this morning to share one of the "little things" that makes my world go 'round...




This guy. Every morning. 

Sometimes, he wakes up at 4:00 and we head to the couch to snooze some more. 

Sometimes, he wakes up at 5:30 am and we head to the couch to snooze some more. 

Sometimes, I wake up before him and start getting ready. This is my least favorite way to start the day. Despite the grogginess that comes with being woken at 4:00, I am already dreading the time when he stops wanting to cuddle in the morning. 

I know it's a bad habit to let him sleep on the couch with me, but I can't help it. (I also want to get more sleep instead of listening to him cry.) I love to start each day with this little guy on my chest/lap...the mornings when I don't get to (like this morning) just feel rushed and unimportant.

It's the little things....


9 comments:

  1. Love this so much! And I needed to hear your words this morning...my little girl (she's almost 20 months), got up at 5:20 this morning...totally out of the norm for her. I stayed up way too late, so of course, was in a fog! I still tried to enjoy her silliness and had to remind myself that she won't be like this forever and that somedays I'll miss times like this! Thanks so much for linking up with Ashley and I! Glad I found your blog and I'm happy to be a new follower! xoxo
    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to remind yourself at 4am you'll miss the wake ups and cuddles! Buuut we totally will! He looks so sweet laying there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the link up. Adorable photo! I always have trouble getting photos of my daughter asleep without waking her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the link up. Adorable photo! I always have trouble getting photos of my daughter asleep without waking her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh yes, enjoy those snuggles all you can!!! Mine is just so busy and anti-cuddle, makes me miss those snuggly newborn days. Although, I'm also kind of enjoying not waking up before 6. Win lose. Stopping by from the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, he is just adorable! i'm visiting from the link-up and i'm glad I found your darling blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, I just love it!!! My post was so similar, cherishing every one of those snuggles!!! Thanks for being a part of this!!!! XO

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so darling! I love reading about great women and how much they love their kids. It's a...(what word am I looking for...unique? Cool...? Well, a word that means both "unique" and "cool") unique thing to be able to share and to read about people's lives especially with their children. I'm excited to have found your blog! -Amy
    glitterinmytea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete