Cameron: 18 Months

Little Man,

18 months, huh? How did we get here? At times, it felt like we would never arrive, but now, I wonder where the time went. I never wished away time, but I did with for this time. The time when you would give me kisses. When you would run to me and say, "Hi, Momma." or "I love you." Insert heart melting. The time when you would sit through an entire book. The time when you would interact with us and show your sense of humor. The time when you would sleep for 2 hours during the day!! The time when you would play independently. The time when you would hold my hand as we walk down the street together. The time when you could enjoy things like Christmas, ice cream and playing in the snow. That time is now, and I couldn't love it more.

You're amazing. Your vocabulary is amazing. You are saying phrases and understanding so much. Your new favorite thing is to ask "What's that?" You recognize things and remember where things go. You have some toys that come from TV shows (I always swore I wouldn't allow that, but it makes you happy, so I do.) and you point to the TV then to your toy. You AMAZE me, buddy.

You love cars, balls and books. You are getting into TV and although we don't want you to only watch tv, we do enjoy the little of peace we get while cooking dinner or scrolling through Facebook. ;)

This past month, you've been a JOY. You've had some amazing days (and some cranky ones, too). You finished going to Just Kidding day care and are starting at a new one on Monday. We've spend the past two weeks together while on break and have had so much fun! We've gone to the library and Children's Museum, Target (of course) and grandpa's work!

Mommy and Daddy are renovating a house for our family! The walls have started to come down and we even snuck a little playroom into the plans for you. We are so excited for you to have your own bedroom and play area!

You are wearing size 4 diapers, but I just bought some size 5. You have been pretty healthy except some random vomiting - no fever or other symptoms, but you threw up a few times over a couple of days. We thought it was a reaction to milk, but you are fine now. You are still drooling like crazy and chewing on everything, but no new teeth...we are stuck at 16.

You get your 18 month shots next week, so no new stats yet. You are heavy to carry around...I can tell you that!

You don't love Santa...obviously




At the Children's Museum in your "inventor" glasses


This month has been busy...too busy for many pictures! We've celebrated, visited and played, played, played. I love you to pieces and tell you a dozen times a day! I can't thank God enough for choosing ME to be your mommy. I am the luckiest woman in the world. 

xoxo,
MOMMA

4 comments:

  1. happy half birthday cameron!! i seriously love it when they start talking, understanding, and just being plain smart & sweet. It's such a blast to hear their little voices!! and heeeeeck yes for the play-area!! i can't wait to see more progress on the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our boys are around the same age and I ask myself the same question!! Still they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so much like Mac right now. Isn't this just the most amazing age? I love how interactive they are and how much their little personalities just shine through. I want to bottle him up and keep him this age forever. Cam is so stinking cute! Happy 1.5 birthday, little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking about switching daycares too. Can I ask why you made the switch? How is he adjusting? :)

    ReplyDelete