5 on Friday: Total Random, but Fun!


I am a bit behind this week, but I couldn't resist linking up with some of my favorite ladies today.



1 ) Please welcome Brooklyn Katherine Irizarry to this amazing world we live in. My best friend, Elizabeth, had a C-Section last night, and everyone is healthy and happy!! We are going to Vegas (where they live) in just a few weeks to meet this beautiful girl. I cannot wait!!! Seeing another miracle enter this world just brings tears to my eyes. I am not ready for Baby #2 yet, but being reminded of what we went through and where we are now just makes me stop and say, "WOW!" It's simply a miracle.



Look at those eyes...





2) Chad and I are going to dinner without Cameron tonight...as much as I love that little boy to the sun and back, I can say that we will enjoy a dinner full of apps, drinks, sharing and laughs without having to entertain a baby. We are taking Mark and Rhonda out as a "thank you" for hosting Chad's birthday dinner back in October. They have become wonderful friends and we are thoroughly looking forward to tonight!







3) I really had no desire to decorate for Halloween because we had our house on the market, so we had showings and inspections and appraisals all the time...we wanted the house to look as clean as possible. However, I have already started decorating for Christmas. I will throw some Thanksgiving stuff in there, too, but I am 100% ready for Christmas! I have our list and budget done, and I cannot wait to start buying gifts for everyone! The one thing that's lingering is pictures for a Christmas card...I can't miss out on Jillian's discount!





4) We own a home!!!! We can't move in for another year or so, but we officially bought our home this week and start demolition next week!!! Here she is: 


I will tell you that she is a disaster right now - I am talking tubs under the stairs, sinking floors and metal kitchen cabinets! We will be gutting this baby down to her bare bones then building her back up how we want...open living space, office and master suite downstairs, two bedrooms and bath upstairs, laundry and playroom in the basement. I. Cannot. Wait. I am sure I will be posting lots and lots of pictures along the way.



5) I am in a total wardrobe funk. I wake up every morning and just want to wear my pajamas to work because I hate 90% of my wardrobe. How does this happen? What in the world did I wear last year? I need an all-expense paid shopping spree to Nordstrom. Pretty please?


Happy Weekend, yall!!!! (Can you tell I had a lot of coffee this morning? I don't think I've ever written so many exclamation marks!)

xoxo
Jess

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh can't wait to see the house renovation process!! It looks so inviting on the outside already :)

    Enjoy your child free dinner! Every time we go out with Jaqs, I remind myself not to do that again until she's 5. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek!! you own a home!!! how awesome and exciting is that? i can't wait to see the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting about the big renovation! can't wait to see pics!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...that baby. Congrats to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can not wait to see what y'all do with your new home - so exciting! I love renovation projects! I feel the same about my clothes too...all I want for Christmas is clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the home!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see your before and after pics. I know you and Chad must be thrilled. Way to go, momma!

    ReplyDelete