Defeated




Do you ever feel defeated as a mom? I'm sure most of you have at some point, but I am feeling that way bad today. I wonder how some people do it with no help. How do the single moms get ready for work in the morning? How do the military wives get through each week with their husband serving our country? How do these people with so much less support than me keep it all together? Maybe they don't. Maybe they cry big tears every night or drink their worries away (I know I do sometimes!), but I always feel so awful for feeling this way when I know I have it pretty good.


Fall seven times, stand up eight. —Japanese proverb


We are getting our house ready to be put on the market, and IT'S HARD. It's hard enough to clean a house with a baby....it's almost impossible to get your house "show" ready with a baby! Every time we put something away, Cameron wants to pull it back out. I love that little guy to the moon and back, but how in the world are we going to leave every morning with the house ready to show when he drags every. single. shoe. out of my closet? I am praying that we don't let the stress affect us.

We have no fall decorations. I'm not even attempting this year. That's last on my list. Call me a bad mom, wife and modern-day woman, but it's not happening. We do have a costume for Cam....go us!

Work is beyond stressful right now and it's for one student who I adore. However, we can never seem to do anything right according to his parents, and it's starting to get to me. I'm pretty low-key and can usually let things roll off my back, but it's just one more thing on my list of "things I'm sucking at lately." 

The weather is dreary today, and there's not enough coffee in the world to wake me up.

Can I please go back to bed?

xo,
Pouty Jess

PS I promise I will be back to my cheery self tomorrow...after a big bottle of wine tonight. :)


5 comments:

  1. We all have days like this...take a deep breathe and put your hope in tomorrow...it's a new day! :) Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear you! Keep your head up - you are doing a GREAT job! And PS... love love love the new blog design. Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like this. Hold your head up high mama! Tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, Jess. I'm struggling right now as well. I try to tell myself "This too shall pass" but sometimes, I think we all need time to just work through things on our own and in our own time. I also turn to prayer. Unloading my burdens onto Him feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. Keep flashing that gorgeous smile - tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you wrote this a few weeks ago...but I'm just reading it now. Isn't it crazy (terrible) how a parent can ruin your day ( & make you lose sleep at night!) We've all been there.

    ReplyDelete