5 on Friday: Life Edition


Man, oh man, has this blog been ignored!! I cannot believe it's already mid-July! Since I have been such a slacker, here's a quick update on our life in 5 bullet points to join one of my favorites, Darci. :)



1. I got myself into some pretty serious credit card debt (let's just say it was 5 digits, and I could have bought a new car with that money) in college/post-college and decided to consolidate it all in Spring 2010. Since then, I have been paying a hefty bill every month, but I've never been late and my debt was going down pretty quickly. I am happy to say that it is PAID OFF as of last week!! It was such a relief to make that last payment, and we are certainly thankful not to have that bill every month. However, we are not debt-free yet, so we are still chipping away at other stuff, but this was a biggie!!

2. Our summer has been jam-packed - a trip to Seabrook Island, Cameron's birthday, 4th of July, Elizabeth's visit and babyshower, visitors from Maryland, and now we relax...I am looking forward to post-dinner walks in our neighborhood, cocktails on the porch and lazy beach days while Cameron is at daycare (shhhh).

3. I am not too sure what to think about the Trayvon Martin case. Well, I do know, but I'd rather not get into a debate over the internet. I am not a fan of guns, and I am fairly sure he would not have been murdered if Zimmerman had a knife instead of a gun. And I'm fairly sure that getting punched in the face doesn't warrant a gunshot. But that's just me. Just sayin...

4. Onto brighter news...Cameron has been suffering from an awful cough since mid-June. The doctor gave us some allergy medicine to use, suggested a steam shower before bed and a humidifier to break up the congestion. Well, a steam shower before bed during the summer isn't too appealing to me and our humidifier is somewhere with our Christmas decorations, so we stuck with the allergy medicine. This worked OK, but we weren't satisfied. We finally went back to the doctor on July 5, and they did a chest x-ray. What they found was bronchitis!! Poor baby...he was prescribed a Z-Pack and was completely healed in 5 days. Thank the Lord. (There's so much more to this story, but that is a whole new post on its own).



5. Chad and I have started catering with his friends who own White Apron Catering. Talk about good money and a fun time!! Back story: Chad and I met while both working at a restaurant and have since run two restaurants together. I don't think I would want to get that involved together again, but this has been fun! And, it's a great way to pay down our debt fast!


That's all for now!! Happy Friday!!

xoxo
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Yay for no CC debt now! I was in the same situation when I came out of college and first started my career. I think I thought I was a baller. Too bad a teacher's salary didn't cover my lifestyle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on paying off your credit card debt. Such an amazing feeling!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete