Butternut Squash, Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Shells

I found this wonderful recipe via Pinterest and thought I could tackle it...in case you didn't know, Chad went to CIA and is an amaaaazing chef. Like, has cooked for celebrities, politicans, etc, and has blown them away. If you live in New England, I dare you to have him cook for you and not be impressed. ;)

Anyways, back to my story...I don't cook dinner very often because when I do, it consists of mac and cheese, grilled cheese, hot dogs, etc...you get the point. I am an awful cook. And I know it. And Chad knows it, so he offers to cook a lot. :) However, when I find a recipe that I think I can tackle, I try it out! Chad usually ends up monkey-ing with it to make it better or just finishing it for me because I can't, for the life of me, put a hot dinner on the table. There's always something that I forget or burn or whatever. But not this time! I completed it start to finish and even changed the recipe a little on my own!

Butternut Squash, Ricotta & Spinach Stuffed Shells



I ended up not adding the butternut squash to the stuffed shells, but just serving it on the side, and boy, was it a delicious dinner!!

My mom also cooked up some sausage for her...I'm not a fan, so I stuck with the vegetarian option!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 C Ricotta Cheese
1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Smashed Garlic Clove
1/4 C Fresh Spinach*
1 Egg
2 C Butternut Squash
1 Stick Butter
10 Sage Leaves
Grated Lemon Peel
Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Peppper
1 Box Jumbo Pasta Shells

Directions:

1. Peel and chop squash; toss in olive oil and roast at 425* for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.

2. Cook jumbo pasta shells

3. In a bowl, combine:
Ricotta Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Garlic
Spinach
Egg
Salt and Pepper
Butternut Squash
Grated Lemon Peel

4. Stuff shells with mixture

5. Bake shells at 400* for 20-25 minutes. 
Cover with tinfoil so the tops of the shells don't get rubbery

5. While the shells are cooking, make a Sage Brown Butter Sauce:
Melt 1 stick of butter until golden brown and bubbly.
Turn off heat because the butter will burn!Add at least 10 sage leaves until slightly crisp.
Squeeze in fresh lemon juice.

6. When the shells are done, drizzle with Sage Brown Butter Sauce and enjoy!

*I will add a lot more spinach next time because you can't taste it at all!







3 comments:

  1. YUM! I love stuffed shells but rarely make them. I might have to add this recipe to my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment today and I look forward to reading more of your blog posts! Your son is one handsome little guy:) Great recipe too! I'm always looking for new ways to make stuffed shells, as it often rotates in as a common weeknight meal.

    ReplyDelete