If money weren't a thing...

In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin four lanes.
Top down, screamin out, money ain't a thang!
I love me some old school Jay-Z!

Did you buy a PowerBall ticket last night? We did. And so did my mom. Any my aunt. And my cousins. And our neighbors. And millions of other people in the US.

Did you win? (If you did, I do hope you share!) We didn't even get one number correct, but that didn't stop us from talking about what we would do if we had $578 million.




So, if money weren't an issue...

- We would purchase a house that's big enough for our family and guests, but not too big that it didn't feel homey. This condo would be just right!
- We would pay off our parents' homes and cars.
- We would put $500,000 into savings for Cameron's college so he could go to any school he wanted and travel abroad as much as possible.
- We would purchase a penthouse in NYC.
- We would purchase a home in La Jolla, CA.
- We would visit Chad's daughters as much as possible!
- We would have one extra car...well, maybe two!
- We would pay off all of our debt.
- We would travel A LOT more.
- We would help every helpless person we could. (This would be #1 after paying off debt and visiting Chad's daughters.)
- We would hire someone to cook and clean for us so we could enjoy our time together as a family.
- We would have a professional photographer follow us around.
- We would adopt some babies who need a loving family.
- We would randomly hand wads of cash to people who deserve it. (Think Ellen and Oprah combined!)

It's fun to imagine all of the things that you could do if money weren't an issue....but, in reality, money is always an issue for most Americans. Especially us. I wrote about how we were struggling financially and got sooo many comments about other people who are, too. Life is not defined or measured by money, but boy would it be nice to not be thinking about it 24/7!

We are on a strict budget now (that has been broke due to needing new brake pads this week) that makes me hopeful that money won't always be such a stress factor for us...Do you have any budget tips? We are soooo bad about going over our food budget! We try to menu plan, but it doesn't always work out. Sometimes, we are so tired that ordering a pizza is easier than cooking something. I need to get in the habit of prepping before so that all we have to do is open the Crock Pot or pop a casserole into the oven!

Anyways, what would you do if money weren't a thing?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Visiting from thhhe FFF hop. I'd have a quaint little home in Italy, a few horses, and adopted children if $ were no issue. P.S. Like your profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! First of all, I'm new to your blog and LOVING it! Second of all, I didn't win the lottery either :( My husband and I definitely would have paid off our student loans, credit cards and donated money to our alma mater!

    Stop by and say hi sometime -- thenakedmanual.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. travel and that condo. I'm with ya.

    Aloha Sweet Friend,
    Following ya from Glam Hungry.
    We are gathering for An Aloha Affair , a sweet sort of mingling and sharing and growing together. I would so love it if you'd join us. You will always be welcome, anytime. Save ya a seat?...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of having a professional photographer follow me around for the rest of my life. And I'd also need a personal trainer and personal shopper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we can check Rajasthan Board 10th Result 2017 Rajasthan Board 10th Result 2017

    Here we can check Rajasthan Board 12th Result 2017 Rajasthan Board 12th Result 2017

    ReplyDelete